Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: If elite CB drops and if the ones the like of your five are gone -- they could do that too

April 05, 2024 04:33AM
Here's the thing. There are 22 different positions. Not including special teamers
and we pick 19. We have a very good shot at the best player at some position.
Better yet, there is a high probability that several QBs (maybe 6)will come off the board and I don't see us taking one since we have Stafford. That forces other positions down to us. Also, there are a few (3) elite WRs who should get drafted ahead of us. (Despite the WR envy I don't see that as a need for us at all. We just added an All Pro in Puka and have an All Pro in CK) So, more top players should drop to us. And Les and his group ranks every single prospect and stacks his board accordingly. Better yet, he has an uncanny ability to predict who will come off the board to maximize his readiness for a pick or a trade. He knows his own depth chart and the Rams staff know what they got in young players we haven't really seen yet. Could be, they might be very high on the young edges from last draft and don't see it as such a big need. They might also like some young DL already in the roster who they think will step up.
Maybe DT isn't as big a need as sone are thinking. Could be we are looking to upgrade OT with a stud who would finish off our OL with size and power every where. And what if Bowers dropped to 19? Who is predicting a TE?
I would be thrilled with that pick. Maybe the best CB drops that far. I still think we will trade down, but stay in the first round. Drop into the 20's. There should be a terrific player there and we would add picks. I could see us trading our puck for a stud vet too. I'm excited about the upcoming draft. Les has earned our trust. I'm quite chill he will add some huge talent. Needs? Nah. Best player available. Hopefully the best player available who is also the best prospect at his position.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here are the 5 guys the Rams are bound to choose from in the 1st round

RockRam268April 05, 2024 02:11AM

If elite CB drops and if the ones the like of your five are gone -- they could do that too

JimYoungblood5375April 05, 2024 04:03AM

Re: If elite CB drops and if the ones the like of your five are gone -- they could do that too

303063April 05, 2024 04:12AM

SoCalRAMatic51April 05, 2024 04:33AM

Really, that is not how Snead drafts and he is quite vocal about it

RockRam45April 05, 2024 05:11AM

Your list likely contains Rams pick at 19…

Rams4352April 05, 2024 05:30AM