Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here are the 5 guys the Rams are bound to choose from in the 1st round

April 05, 2024 02:11AM
After reading what so many of the NFL guys and good analysts say, both in their opinions of the players, and in their mocks, here is the group from which the Rams are bound to select one of them:

Latu, Verse, Chop Robinson, Newton, Murphy

Probably at least 2 of these guys, maybe even 3, will be there at 19 enabling the Rams to stand pat and not have to trade up. Would it enable them to trade down? I kind of doubt it unless they see another guy or two (Sweat?) they would be just as happy with.

It is not imaginable to me that as the most obvious needs that the Rams have.... and as we see their plan emerge in FA with fixing the secondary with really good vets and using big FA bucks to bolster the interior OL rather than OT.... that there is no way they are going to take anything other than Edge or DT with their first pick and they'll be able to get their starter out of that list of 5 for one of those positions.

I suspect that if one of the Edge and one of those 2 DTs is there, they'll make the selection based a great deal on what they think the 2nd round will look like to acquire the other position. Of course, if they are absolutely in love with the one that falls to them, then they will take him regardless.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here are the 5 guys the Rams are bound to choose from in the 1st round

RockRam269April 05, 2024 02:11AM

If elite CB drops and if the ones the like of your five are gone -- they could do that too

JimYoungblood5375April 05, 2024 04:03AM

Re: If elite CB drops and if the ones the like of your five are gone -- they could do that too

303064April 05, 2024 04:12AM

Re: If elite CB drops and if the ones the like of your five are gone -- they could do that too

SoCalRAMatic52April 05, 2024 04:33AM

Really, that is not how Snead drafts and he is quite vocal about it

RockRam46April 05, 2024 05:11AM

Your list likely contains Rams pick at 19…

Rams4355April 05, 2024 05:30AM