Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Like the approach. Well thought out.

March 21, 2024 12:12PM
As much as I like the approach, I am quite dubious about Sweat. If he is going to play DT and not just be a 2 gap NT, he can't do that at 366 lbs. What I've read says he simply doesn't have the stamina, and way too much of his weight is flat out fat!

So, what I'm saying is, if a guy is taken in the first 3 rounds he better be an immediate starter or an immediate rotational player and I'm not sure Sweat can do that in his first year.

Further, I like Fiske WAY more than Sweat. Fiske is a heck of a player that can rush the passer and defend the run and I think might be kind of a Koby Turner guy that outperforms his likely draft position.

I like the idea of a bigger RB, but in the end I don't think McVay is looking for that. Besides, we see what a sub 200 lb guy can do when he runs powerfully like Williams.

I think the Rams will do what it takes to get one of the top 3 Edge rushers. They simply MUST have an Edge Rusher. They can get some good DTs (like Fiske) from the 2nd and 3rd rounds. There is no cheaper or better way to plug that Edge hole this year. I don't expect them to move down, but rather up in the 1st round if they move in the 1st round at all. I'm sure they've worked a number of 1st round scenarios to figure who might be a trade candidate if it doesn't look like a top Edge guy is going to be there for them.

I'm rooting for a minimum of 4 QBs to be taken early, and at least 3 WRs so that will boost the chances of the Rams having one of the top 3 Edges falling to them. I have no idea their favorite, but you can be sure they have one.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How I would approach the 2024 Draft

PSJRam177March 21, 2024 10:43AM

Re: How I would approach the 2024 Draft

dodgerram46March 21, 2024 11:43AM

Like the approach. Well thought out.

RockRam44March 21, 2024 12:12PM