Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Mike Wauffle SiriusXM interview on AD— edited

March 17, 2024 06:29PM
LSURAM
Sorry about the half message, was trying to write from my phone.

To summarize :

Wauffle and AD had spoken almost weekly his whole career. Donald indicated to Wauffle after the Lions game that he felt he would retire but wanted to take some time to be sure. The plan had always been to announce in March.

The only noteworthy statement I heard was Donald’s frustration recently on constantly taking on double teams and not having teammates on the DL that could capitalize on all the attention he was always getting.

Would AD play this year if the Rams improved the DL talent we may never know but thought it was interesting enough to pass along. Sorry again for the incomplete message

I'd speculated that Donald may have communicated to McSnead that, absent a proven vet edge rusher being acquired in FA, he'd retire.

If that's the case, I'm sure that they (the organization) tried, but just didn't have the ammo for the likes of Hunter/Burns/Allen.

Huff likely wasn't viewed as enough of a game changer and rookie pass rushers typically need a couple of years to make a real impact.

I still think that we need to wait until the end of July to see if Donald gets an itch. It sounds as though Donald and his family enjoys being in LA. It might be a good idea for McVay to invite him to camp to continue working with the D-line ala Whitworth.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mike Wauffle SiriusXM interview on AD

LSURAM419March 17, 2024 11:07AM

LSURAM163March 17, 2024 01:24PM

How many times did I yell this at the TV

Paco70117March 17, 2024 05:31PM

Yep I know just 1 more yr !

BerendsenRam94March 17, 2024 05:35PM

ramBRO81March 17, 2024 06:29PM

Well, Donald did suck up a lot of salary cap