Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Champ

March 16, 2024 05:09AM
I think Donald wants to be the champ. He wants to be the top dawg. He wants to hold the belt up when he enters the ring. Not only on a team level, but first and foremost on a personal level. He has the heart of a champion and that's what drives him and makes him the player he is, the leader he is, the example he is, the threat he is. It's what makes all champions who they are. The drive for personal excellence where nothing but the top is good enough. I'm sure many things were considered with his decision, but if you look at it honestly, Donald is no longer the "Champ". He has the boxers mindset. If I can't be the champ anymore just based on realistic expectations why put myself through it? Looking at stats over the last few years his production has gone down. Not a lot, and he's still the greatest player to play the position and he could continue to play at a high level for a number of years imo, but he's not the Champ. He's no longer the highest paid defensive player, even at his position, and will never again have the chance to be. He watched a rookie tie his rookie sack record I believe. I also think Turner received more double teams and had more sacks than Donald did. He is no longer in serious contention to ever win a Defensive Player of the Year award, ever. Donald wants to be the Champ. He doesn't just want to come in to work and collect a paycheck, he doesn't need to. I think Donald decided, like most smart champions, to go out on top to hang up the gloves as the GOAT and not just come in to work for the sake of coming in to work. I won't fault him on any level or blame the Rams for mishandling anything. I'm glad he was our Champ and helped our team win a Superbowl.

I wish Aaron Donald much success in every and all future endeavors and say thank you.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Champ

GlacieRam204March 16, 2024 05:09AM

Re: The Champ

Rams4358March 16, 2024 05:13AM

Re: The Champ

JYB39March 16, 2024 05:28AM

Great Post Glacie

stlramz44March 16, 2024 06:14AM

Re: Great Post Glacie

Ramboni46March 16, 2024 06:32AM

Re: Great Post Glacie