Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'89 seemed like a magical year to me!

March 09, 2024 02:26AM
XXXIVwin
What a great year that was! I attended the regular season finale game at Fixborough the week before, which clinched it.

Madden was in love with Delpino, so I was too.

Rams WR corps had so much pizzazz that year-- Ellard, Flipper, Cox, Ron Brown.

Too bad we couldn't make it closer in the NFCCG, Rams were a force. Second best team in the League.

It felt like we were on a roll there at the right time and we were a team of destiny. If Everett could have hit Flipper on that long ball we might have beat those whiners in the NFCCG!

I also loved Delpino! Had his jersey in the away whites which I wore for many many years!

What a team that was. It's too bad they couldn't finish the story but that season still lives in many of our minds and memories! beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here's the full game Rams/Eagles 1989 Playoff in case anyone wants to rewatch...

Ramsdude105March 06, 2024 05:42AM

VID: The WORST MOMENT of Buddy Ryan's CAREER | Rams @ Eagles (1989)

Ramsdude30March 06, 2024 05:45AM

I remember Tom Newberry saying to the Fans walking off the field warm weather sissies from Hollywood huh !

BerendsenRam27March 08, 2024 06:06PM

OHHH!!! To be a Rams fan at that game!!! SOOO SWEET!!! nm

Ramgator17March 09, 2024 11:19AM

Re: Here's the full game Rams/Eagles 1989 Playoff in case anyone wants to rewatch...

XXXIVwin18March 08, 2024 10:57PM

'89 seemed like a magical year to me!

Ramsdude23March 09, 2024 02:26AM

I'll say it for the 12,675th time....

Ramgator22March 09, 2024 11:12AM