Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 14 offensive players who stood out at the NFL combine

March 04, 2024 03:20PM
As far as Milton, we all knew his arm was a rail gun. Howitzer doesn't even begin to describe it. He needs to get more accurate and I wonder if he can read a defense. But I mocked him to the Rams in 1.0 on day 3 simply on athletic upside. Where I picked him, if he fails, no harm no foul.

RB Isaac Guerendo, Louisville - not gonna lie, he came out of nowhere to me. Not sure what to do with him now, but I don't think I move him up from day 3.

RB Jaylen Wright, Tennessee - he is absolutely winning the post season. I'll have him higher in the end than when the college season ended, but still not a day 2 guy.

RB Trey Benson, Florida State - He was my RB1 and the combine kinda just confirmed that. That said, he is still a 3rd round grade from me at the end of the day.

WR Xavier Worthy, Texas - everyone that follows college football knew he would challenge for the fastest 40 time at the combine, I was shocked he broke the alltime record. I still have him as a borderline 1st rounder and he will not have a 1st round grade. There is more to football than speed, right John Ross and Tutu Atwell?

WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas - man was Texas loaded at WR. Love his size/speed combo, but he isn't a polished route runner, isn't as physical as his size would suggest and are his hands a tad shaky?

WR Rome Odunze, Washington - WR3 going in and he didn't do anything but prove that point. In any other draft he is WR1. Speed to win over the top, size and ball skills to absolutely dominate in contested catches. Team captain, so there is that. Needs to improve route running to dominate at the next level.

WR Brian Thomas Jr., LSU - As -Alyo said, he tested himself to the WR4 lock and maybe out of the Rams reach. Speed and size to take the top off a defense. Needs to get more physical, but has the size for it and improve route running. Under McVay/Kupp/ Puka, both him and Odunze could become unstoppable.

TE Theo Johnson, Penn State - Penn State is a TE factory of late. day 3 guy, but he climbed some for sure. That said, I didn't think he played to his combine numbers at all and he seeming has no interest in blocking for a guy his size.

TE Devin Culp, Washington - He ran fast, great. He is undersized and not a blocker at all. Doesn't have natural hands...late round guy IMO.

OT Troy Fautanu, Washington - I still think he is a OG with a chance (due to his arm length) to play OT. Regardless, he has always been a 1st rounder.

OT Amarius Mims, Georgia - Again, he was built in a LT factory. We all knew he was athletic. But 8 total starts and injuries in college and now the combine give me pause. Giant boom/bust factor with him. Buyer beware.

C Tanor Bortolini, Wisconsin - Nope, I have seen new projections with him in the 2nd or 3rd round. No, no no. He lacks power and sand in his pants and I wasn't impressed by his Senior Bowl at all. Late day 3 at best. A project and needs time in a weight room, I hate his 31.5" arms as well, so OC only.

OT Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State - I still like him as a RT. RG works too. 1st rounder going into the combine, 1st rounder leaving. A team looking to beef up the run game will love him.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

14 offensive players who stood out at the NFL combine

BerendsenRam205March 04, 2024 12:55PM

Re: 14 offensive players who stood out at the NFL combine

Deadpool134March 04, 2024 03:20PM

Very interesting bit on OL who run the 20 yard shuttle in less than 4.47 seconds

since6874March 05, 2024 09:13AM

Thanks Brother !

BerendsenRam42March 05, 2024 07:59PM