Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Might get long...is there extra credit?

February 19, 2024 07:38PM
Lets go group by group, its easiest for my OCD.

QB (3)
Stafford, Bennett and Winn

Wentz is a FA
You could really say 1 here, as Winn is TC fodder and Bennett cannot be trusted. Its a need.

Depending on what you are trying to do with the QB spot will determine draft or FA. Win now backup or Staffords down the road replacement? Win now backup screams FA, maybe even bringing back Wentz. Staffords replacement is round 1 or 2. Think Penix, Nix. Or option 3, pray Bennett figures out whats going on.

RB (2)
Williams, Evans

Rivers is an Exclusive Rights FA (ERFA)
You need at least 4. Its a need.

I think this will be a combo platter, 1 from FA, and 1 from later in the draft (sometime day 3) I can see Rivers coming back as he should be cheap. I'm not a huge fan of Evans, so I can even see a FA, a draft pick and an UDFA after the draft.

WR (5)
Kupp, Nacua, Skow, Atwell and Smith

Trammell is an ERFA, Robinson is a FA
Smith is depth, like really deep depth, You need 8 or 9. Its a need

I would love to have Robinson and Trammel back, but guessing its just Trammel if any of them. I don't see a WR in the Rams FA plans TBH, unless its a bargain basement guy later on. The draft is top 3 round heavy on WR, so I expect a WR on one of the first 2 days. Bigger body with deep speed I hope. That said, watch them go out and sign a Mike Evans or OBJ or Mooney type.

TE (4)
Higbee, Long, Allen,Kalinic and Forristall

Hopkins is a FA
Higbee will start on IR, Forristall and Kaninic are camp fodder, you need at least 3. Its a need.

Young group without Higbee, but I doubt free agency is where they go to find help. Maybe a low cost 1 year type of FA. The draft is interesting, everyday I get a little closer to full on "Rams trade a ton to pick Bowers" But with what they need on defense, I cannot imagine. After that expect a day 3 guy.

OT (5)
Havenstein, Noteboom, McClendon, Acuri and Thomas

Jackson is a Restricted FA (RFA)
So you really have 2 RTs and that's it. LT is a need depending on Jackson. Need

Lots of moving parts here. First, does Noteboom get cut or traded, 65/35 yes IMO. The next big domino is Jackson, I thought he was more than serviceable this season, and shouldn't be crazy expensive. Cut Boom and resign Jackson and Dotson. The draft is 2 guys then a bunch of RTs and inexperience, even the top guys. I look for the Rams to keep Jackson and draft 1 after day 1

OG (3)
Avila, Bruss and Miller

Dotson an Anchrum are FAs
This group without Dotson is extremely thin. Its a need.

On paper, this is the 3rd grossest position on the team behind CB and OC, No idea what to do with Dotson, but, man, I'd love to see him back. FA has some OK OGs, but Dotson is the prize. If the Rams do anything in OG free agency not named Dotson, it'll be a cheap vet. I cannot see another high draft pick on a OG, expect day 3 and expect him to be a former college OT who's arms are too short so he moves inside

OC (2)
Allen and McAllister

Shelton had a void in his clause tied to play time %, he hit that and is an UFA
With Allen a strong cap cut, you are down to 1. Its a need

Without Shelton, this is THE grossest position group on the roster. I think rumors of Avila to OC are not serious, esp looking at the OG room. If the Rams resign Shelton, expect Allen cut and for the Rams to draft a day 3 OC. If Shelton leaves, I expect the Rams to maybe hang onto Allen and look at day 2 for a starting OC in the draft

DL (5)
AD, Turner, Brown, Johnson and Durden

Murchison is a FA, Jonah Williams is a RFA
This group isn't in too bad of shape. Small need

Bring back Williams and sign Chris Jones and Fletcher Cox lol. Seriously, how fun would a line with Jones, Turner and Donald (thats his name, right?) on it be. Shivers. Back to reality. Lots of good to great DL talent in FA, so there should be a bargain, I'd take a peak. As far as the draft, 3rd round and beyond is where I see the Rams going with one. Unless Newton drops in the 1st round, even then...

Edge (5)
Young, Mathis, Thomas, VanValkenburg and Hampton

Hoecht is a RFA
This group is young, does that equate thin? Need

I think all the studs get tagged, so its gonna cost first round picks to pry them away from a team, Does Danielle Hunter make sense? a tad. Chase Young? Nope. I'd look for a tier 2 guy and for the Rams to draft at least 2, 1 early and 1 late. Oh and since Hoecht is restricted, i think he comes back, cheap. On a side note, if a certain Charger gets cut, the obvious landing spot to me is to stay in LA and join forces with AD for 2 years

ILB (2)
Jones and Hummel

Reeder is an UFA, Rozeboom is a RFA
Depends on Rozeboom, but need at least 1 more. Need

A rangey complimentary type backer makes a ton of sense here, not in Free agency though. If the Rams do what they typically do and plan a year ahead draftwise, and with Jones coming up on his contract, I can see the Rams drafting a ILB earlier than anyone thinks, day 2. If they plan on extending Jones, look for a day 3 guy. I also think Rozeboom comes back regardless. Cheap help

CB (5)
Jolly, Durant, Kendrick, Tomlinson and McCutcheon

Witherspoon and Shelley are both UFAs
This group is young, inexperienced and not great. Bigtime need

Grossest position group on the team. Durant is slow, Kendrick is missing in action and Tomlinson is hyper-aggressive. Young, thin and lacking of talent. I don't see 'Spoon coming back, and FA is not great outside Snead and Johnson. Look for an early day 1 CB, and a day 3 CB and a bargain FA or a cap casualty

S (4)
Lake, Yeast, Taylor, Ingle

Johnson and Fuller are both UFAs
Its a young group, Need some depth. Need

History says bye, bye Fuller. But I quit trying to figure out the Rams Safety stuff years ago. Forget FA outside of their own guys. As far as the draft, could be round 1 with a guy like Cooper DeJean from Iowa as a CB/slot/S combo, or could be round 3, or could be later day 3. I have no clue, my guess is if they can bring back Fuller on the cheap they will and draft a day 3 type.

P, K, LS
Evans, Brown, Ward

Evans and Ward are fine at punter and LS, Kicker is a need.

Find a kicker. Preferably not in the draft. I'd go hard in FA looking for an answer. Ask the 9ers how a middle round rookie kicker worked out for them...

Sum it up, Free Agency: OL up and down is the big one, including and mainly their own. Draft: CB, Edge early with WR, S, ILB, OL after that, but the Rams have a ton of picks so expect moving and trading alot of picks to target certain players.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here's some homework.....Go look at the Rams roster from top to bottom.

oldschoolramfan417February 16, 2024 06:14AM

Re: Here's some homework.....Go look at the Rams roster from top to bottom.

Ram_Ruler126February 16, 2024 06:49AM

Rams are in relatively good shape roster wise as we approach the off-season…

Rams43121February 16, 2024 06:59AM

Re: Rams are in relatively good shape roster wise as we approach the off-season…

AlbaNY_Ram127February 16, 2024 07:17AM

Re: Rams are in relatively good shape roster wise as we approach the off-season…

Rams43102February 16, 2024 07:55AM

Re: Rams are going to be active in FA IMHO......

oldschoolramfan89February 18, 2024 07:57AM

Re: Rams are going to be active in FA IMHO......

Rams4381February 18, 2024 08:05AM

Re: I know 43.....I got a little excited.

oldschoolramfan69February 19, 2024 03:57PM

My opinion

IdahoRam134February 16, 2024 07:22AM

Re: My opinion

BerendsenRam78February 18, 2024 08:08AM

Might get long...is there extra credit?

Deadpool97February 19, 2024 07:38PM

I need to pee teach

waterfield73February 19, 2024 07:58PM

My opinion -- alone in the woods -- ...Go look at the Rams roster from top to bottom.

nantucketramfan67February 20, 2024 12:56AM