Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

He would have been a shrewd addition last year

February 05, 2024 11:48AM
Right now there will be a premium with Minshew though as it pertains to backup QBs. He'll be at the high end of that spectrum, might even have some team think he's more than a backup. So what you want if you sign a backup on the market is someone who is underappreciated for what he has the potential to bring. That might still be Wentz, but one season under McVay may cause teams think of him differently plus he beat SF. Though I don't think he was particularly great in that game. Still though I'm not sure what his value will be though I do think we have a chance to get him done.

This is why I think there is a good chance the Rams elect to go with a drafted backup type. Where there's an issue with this is you still want a veteran presence if you go that route so that you don't end up playing a rookie in a must-win game. That Green Bay game will still be in the Rams' minds I'd think.

So if I had to guess how this goes down I expect the Rams will try to get Carson inked at a reasonable rate. Not the upper part of that QB2 scale but a one year deal with an eye to finding a cheap first-contract QB2 in this draft taking over thereafter.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

One player the Rams should consider signing as a long-term answer at backup QB

BerendsenRam355February 05, 2024 09:36AM

Re: One player the Rams should consider signing as a long-term answer at backup QB

Speed_Kills142February 05, 2024 09:41AM

Re: One player the Rams should consider signing as a long-term answer at backup QB

BerendsenRam85February 05, 2024 10:09AM

kw1371February 05, 2024 12:05PM

I would think he'd cost too much.....

roman1873February 05, 2024 10:31AM

Re: I would think he'd cost too much.....

BerendsenRam66February 06, 2024 07:41AM

The Brownies have 22 free agents including Flacco

LesBaker53February 06, 2024 10:16AM

He would have been a shrewd addition last year

merlin66February 05, 2024 11:48AM