Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fun Those Picks

December 29, 2023 02:41AM
When you first see Puka Nacua on national TV, there's a high probability the man is smiling. You keep watching and notice the next time you see him, he's smiling again. You don't even notice yourself smiling along. But you do notice the other people laughing around him. Finally, you get to watch an interview he knows is being recorded and broadcast worldwide and he's being asked uncomfortable questions and guess what....yeah, he's freaking smiling again with a chuckle after most answers. Forget that he's breaking all time rookie receiving records in a notoriously complicated scheme. Don't even notice there are some calling him the most effective blocking receiver in the game already. Few would go deeply enough to know that with the better stats, Mr Nacua could never think of Cooper Kupp as anything less than his mentor, friend, and beloved teammate. But you can't possibly ignore when he gets blasted after a catch, grimaces to the locker room, and comes back to improve his performance...with a smile. Most people don't mind seeing repeats of him bounding like a kangaroo to get his gameball. Heck, I wanna see that again.

Wait! Isn't that soon to be retired Aaron Donald skipping arm in arm with Kobie Turner down the sideline? Woah!!!! Will you look at that? Sean McVay is flashing celebratory smiles on a regular basis. My lasting memory of last season was a Rams player nearly running the coach over during what was clearly a season that wore on him like no other. Last year he didn't look like the youngest coach in the league. He looked like a young Dick Vermeil.

Please be clear, I'm not suggesting that Puka will extend AD's career or that Sean's rejuvenation came from anything as much as his internal responsibility to become his authentic self. What I am suggesting is that the PERSONALITIES of players like Puka, Kyren, and Kobi are infectious and transformative.

But don't take my word for it. The next time you watch the Rams, just check to see how many times they are smiling.

Makea Nacua is not always in the endzone but Puka Nacua IS always in the Fun Zone. It makes a difference, I swear.

I've loved this team for nearly sixty years and I've NEVER enjoyed it so much as I do now. I truly hope they win it all, but not for the usual reasons. The Chip of 99 was more relief than elation for me. I was never allowed to be comfortable watching the Rams win in 21. If this year results in a trophy, maybe...just maybe, Snead will have proven a new draft factor. Find players like Puka who just find the whole thing to be a fun game.

Fun Those Picks Les...Fun Those Picks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2023 03:00AM by Leoram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fun Those Picks

Leoram184December 29, 2023 02:41AM

Re: Fun Those Picks

Old Goat67December 29, 2023 03:44AM

Re: Great read

AlbaNY_Ram54December 29, 2023 03:53AM