Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams PFF grades: Best and worst performers vs. Commanders in Week 15

December 18, 2023 11:24AM
I don't know how often Ramsey was blamed for coverage failures where, without knowing assignments, I strongly suspected that he wasn't getting safety help.

Is this also still true, as it may have been for Ramsey, and not exclusively for Kendricks but for all of the Rams CBs? Is it true on one side more than the other?

I'd have to know the coverage assignments and watch an all-22 to know for sure but the breakdowns in long coverage sure seem to suggest it.

You can only ask your CB's to do so much. Richard Sherman was virtually bulletproof at the CB position for four - maybe five seconds. Then Earl Thomas took over. I think the Rams could use Earl Thomas X 2 and our CBs would all-of-a-sudden look a whole lot better.

All that said, Kendricks seems to be a great natural athlete and it shows through at times in the games I've watched. He also seems slow to learn assignments and makes mental mistakes. You can't coach beyond a player's mental ability to (a.) absorb data and then (b.) instantaneously apply it as-if instincutual.

It sems to me (without knowing more than what I see) that Kendricks is just fine and can defend some passes and pick others off if he is on assignment.

But how often is that? To me it doesn't seem that he's reached a talent threshold, but is trying to operate beyond a mental one.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams PFF grades: Best and worst performers vs. Commanders in Week 15

BerendsenRam211December 18, 2023 09:16AM

Classicalwit59December 18, 2023 09:22AM

AlbaNY_Ram39December 18, 2023 10:17AM

mtramfan47December 18, 2023 11:24AM

has Avila hit the proverbial rookie wall???

Rampage2K-61December 18, 2023 09:51AM

Re: has Avila hit the proverbial rookie wall???

BerendsenRam41December 18, 2023 10:31AM

There isn't a QB in the NFC playing better than Stafford

max63December 18, 2023 10:10AM