Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NSCA Professional Coach of the Year Award Eligibility and Criteria

December 07, 2023 08:56PM
Yeah, it was about 4 months ago that we were discussing the Rams Strength & Conditioning coaches especially after all the injuries that decimated this team last year. When I started looking at where these guys came from, I noticed that almost all came from the college ranks. It's just one of those things which made me go, "HUH???"

Justin Lovett was hired as the Head Strength & Conditioning coach in 2020 to replace Ted Rath.

Ted Rath had been the Director of Strength Training & Performance for the Rams from 2017-2019 but left in 2020 for a similar job with the Philadelphia Eagles. Rath has been with the Eagles ever since and is now their Vice President of Player Performance.

Edward Grayer was an Asst.Strength & Conditioning coach for the Rams from 2017-2019. He left the Rams in 2020 with Ted Rath for a similar job with the Philadelphia Eagles where he's been ever since.

Dustin Woods was an Asst. Strength & Conditioning coach for the Rams from 2017-2019. He left the Rams in 2020 with Ted Rath for a similar job with the Philadelphia Eagles where he's been ever since.

Ted Rath came to the Rams from the Miami Dolphins in 2017. He is the ONLY Strength & Conditioning coach to join the Rams since 2017 who had prior experience with an NFL team. I don't know if that's significant or not but it's an interesting observation. Excluding Reggie Scott (Vice Pres. of Sports Medicine & Performance), all other Strength & Conditioning coaches who have joined the Rams since 2017 have come from the college ranks. They are listed below along with the job they had before they came to the Rams:

Blair M. Wagner (Univ. of Washington)
Dustin Woods (Olympic Skating Assoc. Short Track Head Strength & Conditioning Coach)
Edward Grayer (Dir of Speed Dev - Rutgers Univ)
Jamel Cooper (Asst. Strength & Conditioning - Univ. of Louisville)
John Griffin (Strength & Conditioning - Univ. of South Carolina)
Justin Lovett (Dir of Football Strength & Cond- Purdue Boilermakers)
Zach Witherspoon (Strength & Conditioning - New Mexico State)

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams Director of Strength and Conditioning Justin Lovett named Professional Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year by NSCA

BerendsenRam179December 06, 2023 03:34PM

Wow And I bet Most Wanted This Guy Fired.

den-the-coach69December 07, 2023 04:59AM

Re: I want to know more

mtramfan55December 07, 2023 07:36AM

NSCA Professional Coach of the Year Award Eligibility and Criteria

MamaRAMa52December 07, 2023 02:34PM

mtramfan24December 07, 2023 07:25PM

MamaRAMa35December 07, 2023 08:56PM