Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Do Rams already have the Oline personnel for the future?

November 30, 2023 01:42PM
RockRam
I'm watching games, and I see growth.
I am an advocate of taking an LT high, but I will say that Jackson has steadily gotten better.
And, Shelton is doing a far better job than he is given credit for.

You can always go for better. But is that the best thing to do?

Avila's a keeper, as is Dotson for sure. Hav's goes without saying. Is Shelton the weak link? No way. Forget PFF; just watch the games. LT? No, he's probably only middle of pack, but does he have the potential to keep getting better with time (most Olinemen do)? To a point, yes, but, Jackson is sure no liability.

So, I'm wondering just how much of a priority Oline needs to be? Maybe we look to LT a bit later in the draft. Same with Center. Both with an eye to development rather than as immediate starters. If the growth continues the remainder of the year, priorities may change.

No matter; the Rams MUST keep Dotson. Young. Nasty. Powerful. And clearly a top flight OG. I think they can because Avila is going to be cheap another 3 years. Hav's is signed. But..... LT might require us giving Jackson a 2nd round RFA salary to keep him around.

Excellent post, Rock. You raise some legitimate points.

Snead has so many ways he might go with this next off-season. He has a boatload of Dollars for free agents and we should have 10 draft picks, including a first. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

I continue to be of the opinion that this draft we should take a quarterback with our first, unless an unbelievable talent falls into our lap. But what do I know?

I will say this. I am confident that Sneed will have the Rams coming out of this free agency and draft a very, very strong playoff worthy team.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Do Rams already have the Oline personnel for the future?

RockRam255November 30, 2023 11:30AM

GRAM Torino95November 30, 2023 12:01PM

Close, but no…..we need legit LT

Rampage2K-78November 30, 2023 12:04PM

they should be trsted

joram60November 30, 2023 01:13PM

Rams4363November 30, 2023 01:42PM

Old Goat56November 30, 2023 02:18PM

they are in a position of strength

LMU9368December 01, 2023 03:16AM