Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Is the NFL reaching a QB crisis?

October 31, 2023 05:39PM
I like your thinking on this NM. It's something that has been obvious for a few years but not articulated. I still laugh and shake my head that Arizona was desperate enough to take Murray. The passing quality of the college QBs has diminished while their running ability has increased. Everyone with half a brain knows that the lifespan of a running QB is low. Unfortunately pro teams are desperate and they still take them.

I don't think there is a one size fits all solution to this. You'll need better OLines for protection. You'll need to work hard and longer with QBs that are gifted runners but just good college passers. You might need professional shrinks to help QBs overcome all the new stress dumped on them. So many gifted college QBs, whether pure passers or not, have wilted and folded under the professional stress.

Yes, I do think the beauty of the game, and with that fan support, will decrease if the art of passing diminishes, because it will look more like rugby which does not have the beauty of a Gabriel to Snow, Warner to Bruce, or a Stafford to Kupp.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is the NFL reaching a QB crisis?

NewMexicoRam200October 31, 2023 04:11PM

Yep sure seems that way at this point

BerendsenRam71October 31, 2023 04:36PM

Re: Is the NFL reaching a QB crisis?

Coy Bacon100October 31, 2023 05:39PM