Advanced

Re: Hilarious Thanks for Posting !

October 25, 2023 12:31PM
Old Goat
Leoram
stlramz
KRams
For your reading pleasure, monsieur.

Got to admit, I enjoyed it a bit myself.

Its interesting that, no matter how good you are, the fans got it all figured out vs. the coach.

Sshhhhhh!!!!!

You'll upset our experts who know so much more than McVay. They've never coached pro football. Couldn't understand a playcall. Couldn't identify the intent of various defenses. Surely can't catalog the number of plays Sean has memorized. But it's obvious the Rams need to run more so they know better. Notice they can't tell us how to get it done effectively with this youth and turnover. But I'm sure they are good at Madden so we should all pay close attention.

So no one can question Coach because we're all a bunch of idiots, and he has it all figured out to the tune of a 3-4 record.

Got it.

Sorry, but when you come off like this, you are no better than those calling McVay an idiot, just the opposite end of the spectrum.

Respectfully, I'm not the one who feels compelled to be an arm chair qb who somehow knows better than one of the most successful and knowledgeable football minds in the world. I too have the ability to say, damn! I wish he would just run the effing ball. And yet, when we had Gurley, he became an All-Pro under McVay so maybe, just maybe I don't know all the factors involved. There's a qualitative difference between me criticizing an obvious hubris and someone else condescendingly stating, "when will he ever learn? He's a young coach. He has a losing record this year so somehow, with the largest cache of rookies playing significant roles on a non-expansion team, they still know what will work best to win a game over an entire staff and players who worked countless hours to produce what you see on the field.

Look, this is a forum for us all to express our appreciation and frustration with the team we love. But if one of my 9 kids I raised wants to criticize how I provided for them, I sure hope they do so with humility and respect because I expect them to do so with everybody. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from a perfect Dad and lost count of how many times I was wrong. I welcome the input. But I, like Sean, have done the work that should make respect come easy.

Me criticizing McVay should be conveyed similarly to the way I would criticize an astrophysicist for using the wrong method of identifying a quark. Just because I can see the stars in the sky just like they do, doesn't mean I know what I'm saying when I pretend to know what a quark is...but nobody would call me out on it....unless they actually studied the field and could readily tell I possess 1/1,000 the knowledge needed to suggest a better process.

This argument reminds me of those who called Kurt Warner washed up behind the Giants and Cardinals lines (pre-Grimm). The man didn't forget how to play the game (proven), but the circumstances changed dramatically. Even those pundits who coached and analyzed for a living were wrong.

I guess that makes me arrogant about the need for humility. See...I beat you to it. The debate itself is entertaining and I've actually admired several of your posts this year. I wasn't calling anyone out in particular, just jumping on the thought expressed by a kindred spirit, Old Goat.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

9er Message Board

KRams659October 24, 2023 09:23AM

Hilarious Thanks for Posting !

BerendsenRam117October 24, 2023 10:24AM

KRams90October 24, 2023 11:47AM

stlramz80October 24, 2023 11:54AM

Leoram64October 24, 2023 12:11PM