Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here’s a few tidbits from Elmgrovegnome…

October 02, 2023 06:27AM
Here’s Elmgrovegnome…

I haven’t re-watched the game again yet so I’m just replying to some comments on here.

Durant is playing the Star position. I don’t think it suits his skillset at all. He’s supposedly helping to train TT-H at that position. But I don’t think either has the size to pull it off. I wish they had retained Troy Hill for another season. He’s cheap, taller and knows the position. He wasn’t great but he’s better than what they’ve got. They could ease Durant TT-H into the role if they had a veteran in the rotation too. Remember that even Ramsey didn’t look his dominant self playing Star. I’m beginning to wonder if Staley’s concepts need a modification. The Chargers defense gives up points and maybe it puts too much responsibility onto one guy.

With Dotson and the whole Oline actually, keep in mind that there is a new Oline coach in Ryan Wendell. They also have Munchak who has had great offensive lines wherever he’s coached. McVay asked him to stay on the staff so I guess that he thinks Munchak is having an impact. This could explain Avila’s fast start and overall improved play from the rest of the starters. It could also have helped Dotson out. Finding the right coaches can make a huge difference. The Steelers supposedly improved their Oline yet there not playing that well. I was hoping McVay would have signed Callahan when he was available, but maybe he’s made up for it.

Noteboom will always have his struggles at left tackle. He has limitations that we are familiar with. He and Jackson play good enough to get it done. I’d still love to have an elite OLT protecting Stafford’s blindside. Noteboom’s played well at ORG but Dotson was better on Saturday. Too many Olinemen playing well is a great feeling.

Fuller may be intelligent but he’s not a quick thinker and he’s not athletic enough imo. Has JJ slowed that much that he’s not the better option?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OntarioRam has some juicy post-game thoughts…

Rams43292October 02, 2023 01:59AM

Re: OntarioRam has some juicy post-game thoughts…

Old Goat77October 02, 2023 03:35AM

Here’s a few tidbits from Elmgrovegnome…

Rams4352October 02, 2023 06:27AM