Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OntarioRam has some juicy post-game thoughts…

October 02, 2023 01:59AM
Here’s OntarioRam…

This team is very good. It is not yet a contender, but it should be next year, if we can hit on a few draft picks and make a few good free agent additions with our upcoming cap space. The Colts have a good defensive line and our o-line held up very well. Stafford was generally kept clean. Add a running back that is a game breaker - or at least a compliment to what Williams brings; Rivers is too similar in that both are smaller backs that simultaneously lack great speed - and this offense will really pop. The defence is solid even if unspectacular and lacking much in the way of splash plays/turnover abiility outside of Donald. They are so young that they should continue to grow quite a bit yet though. I am hopeful we see some FA signings and/or prime draft picks invested on that side of the ball this offseason to give it some pop.

Despite such a tough schedule, this team should be 3-1 but for McVay embarrassing himself this past Monday against the Bengals by refusing to run the football for no good reason. And we have not yet had our best WR /offensive player on the field in Kupp. Let that sink in. This team can play. I have said it in a few other threads - Cincinnati is a BAD football team in its current form with Burrow completely neutering their offense by playing on 1 leg. They have a good roster on paper, but they cannot move the football because they are one dimensional / their QB might as well be a statue. And so their D is tired and worn. The Titans and their sad offensive system put up 27 points on the Bengals today. And like I said in response to comments our D was so good last week... a legitimately good D would have blanked the Bengals in their current state on MNF... or at least come close to it. Well, lo and behold, the Bengals only scored 3 points today vs. the Titans' powerful defense. I can't be too hard on McVay though. As much as he lost us the game in Cincy, he won us the game in Seattle IMO, that offensive output was largely due to great scheming.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OntarioRam has some juicy post-game thoughts…

Rams43292October 02, 2023 01:59AM

Re: OntarioRam has some juicy post-game thoughts…

Old Goat77October 02, 2023 03:35AM

Here’s a few tidbits from Elmgrovegnome…

Rams4353October 02, 2023 06:27AM