Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Officials looked the other way on many Jawaan Taylor fouls

September 08, 2023 03:56AM
It seems the refs are already in mid season form! lol At some point doesn't the league HAVE to address this???

Officials looked the other way on many Jawaan Taylor fouls

link

Football is back. Which means bad calls and non-calls during football are back.

It got ridiculous on Thursday night, when the officials repeatedly looked the other way on Chiefs right tackle Jawaan Taylor, who was constantly lined up too far into the backfield, moving his right leg when it should have been still — and starting into his pass-block set before the snap.

It wasn’t just a situation of uncalled pre-snap fouls. At one point, Taylor held Lions defensive end Aidan Hutchinson multiple times on the same play.

It became comical, frankly. But it’s not new. Throughout last season, many tackles (Lane Johnson mastered it) moved early. And there were many instances of uncalled holding by offensive linemen.

At one point, Chris Simms made a great point on PFT Live. As he sees it (and he’s right), defensive linemen have gotten better and better. Offensive linemen are overmatched. Officials are likely not calling false starts and/or holding helps to even things out.

It also helps to keep passing games moving and, most importantly, to keep quarterbacks from getting hit and, in turn, getting hurt.

Still, there must be limits. Tonight, the failure to penalize Taylor was on the wrong side of the line, by far.

The NFL is lucky the Lions won the game. If the Chiefs had won the game and/or covered the spread, the decision to allow Taylor to chronically move before the snap would have become a major issue on Friday.

It should still be a big issue; otherwise, it will continue.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Officials looked the other way on many Jawaan Taylor fouls

Ramsdude359September 08, 2023 03:56AM

It needs to be faced as the fact it is.....

roman18108September 08, 2023 04:11AM

Re: It's simple....Ref's need to call the game by the rules!

oldschoolramfan78September 08, 2023 06:57AM

Re: It's not so simple....

mtramfan54September 08, 2023 08:25AM

I don't know if it's gambling money or not

NewMexicoRam52September 08, 2023 08:54AM

Agreed

Ramsdude47September 08, 2023 09:07AM

Re: It needs to be faced as the fact it is.....

Classicalwit61September 08, 2023 12:05PM

winner, winner, chicken dinner

JimYoungblood5363September 08, 2023 12:12PM

bad refs?? shocking......

Rampage2K-74September 08, 2023 09:05AM

That wasn't the original officiating crew they were the backups

Ramsdude93September 08, 2023 09:14AM

Re: Article: Officials looked the other way on many Jawaan Taylor fouls

Ridgewood Ram67September 08, 2023 12:25PM

Ramsdude64September 08, 2023 12:27PM