Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

All thanks to The Sultan of Soft Raheem Morris

August 10, 2023 03:54AM
"By his standards, Donald did have a down year in 2022. He finished with a career-low five sacks and 11 quarterback hits,"

"Maybe it’s the fact that the Rams went 5-12. Or maybe it’s that he was ranked outside the top 10 of the NFL’s Top 100 Players list for the first time since 2017. Whatever it is, Donald feels he has something to prove in 2023."

We all know what it is...it was Morris playing that Prevent Shell 95% of the time. It makes it VERY hard for the pass rush to get to the QB...even if you are the GOAT. I see it. You see it. AD sees it and now McVay sees it too.

Is it really surprising to anyone that AD's had a "down year" playing in that scheme? If we would continue to run that same Prevent scheme ( I hesitate to even call it a "scheme" lol ) with our DB's lined up 8-10 yards off the line of scrimmage, AD's "down year" most likely will continue and that would be a shame.

If you are going to play that SOFT on the back end, shouldn't you be more CREATIVE on the front end???

I think this is just one of the reasons why McVay wants the new "grow some b@lls" attitude. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if AD had a little talk with McVay about the scheme negating his pass rush, knowing it is affecting his legacy. If AD knows he isn't getting any help here from the DC, I can see him wanting out next year. I am sure he wants to go out with a BANG, not a fizzle.

Let's be honest, regardless of a "lack of talent" excuse or not for playing that Prevent zone, it doesn't really help the pass rush much. It pretty much allows a "free pass" if they can get the ball out in time. If I was AD, I know I would surely be p#ssed about it. With even less talent this year, AD might not be a happy camper by the end of the season.

Coach Lake + Coach Pleasant + "Grow some b@lls", tells me we might some changes to the "scheme" this year and IMO, that would be a great thing.

Winning isn't a "priority" this year anyway so no need to play SCARED again, right? Let's the kids loose and see what they got! Let's see if any "cream" can rise to the top!!!

I say, Balls to the Wall, Man! No more Prevent from Mr. Softee!!! "Grow some B@lls"!!! beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2023 03:54AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Aaron Donald: Feel like I have to 'remake my name all over again' after 2022 season

BerendsenRam183August 09, 2023 01:05PM

Yeah I'm sure they online on other teams need to hear that!

Hazlet Hacksaw65August 09, 2023 01:33PM

All thanks to The Sultan of Soft Raheem Morris

Ramsdude70August 10, 2023 03:54AM

Re: All thanks to The Sultan of Soft Raheem Morris

Shecky56August 10, 2023 05:17AM

Re: All thanks to The Sultan of Soft Raheem Morris

Ramsdude55August 10, 2023 06:09AM

I'm not even sure Donald was hurt

RamsWin33August 10, 2023 12:12PM

Same here RW!

Ramsdude35August 10, 2023 12:26PM

Article: Aaron Donald “in the best shape of my life” after rehabbing from ankle surgery

Ramsdude34August 10, 2023 10:03AM