Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams' youth and inexperience is beginning to show in training camp

August 03, 2023 04:44AM
Classicalwit
Let's be honest; it's completely possible, and probably mathematically likely, that most of these players won't be able to contribute much. The Rams are depending on an unusually high number of low draft picks and UDFAs to develop into capable starters, and as much as we'd all like to hope, it is not likely to happen.

I expect a lot of them won't even be on the roster next year.

On defense we will have a bunch of young and untested players that will be in the rotation. They will contribute the question will be how effective they are. Other than Donald, Jones & Fuller we will rookies, 2nd & 3rd year players on the field. It is almost a certainty that rookies will be in the rotation on the edge & D Line.

On the offense the are really only counting on Avila to play and the rest of offense has experienced player available.

Still I think there is a good shot at Avila winning a starting job. On Defense Turner, Young, Hampton and Tomlinson all have a good shot at the making the rotation. Getting 5 rookies getting into the rotation is not something we are used to but it is significant in terms of quantity. I would expect a few more to make the team with Puca and Evans being very high probability. Tanner and Ingle also have very good shots at making the final 53.

I suspect a few more will make the practice squad too.

I think McVay is trying to send a message to these young rookies that this is a business and you need to get your act together. They need to learn the Rams way of doing things and they need to understand the bar is set high. McVay sets the bar high and the coaches help them maximize their talent and offer more encouragement and teaching. Camp just opened so I wouldn't read to much into McVay antics though they are different than when you have a roster full of Veterans. .
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams' youth and inexperience is beginning to show in training camp

BerendsenRam327August 02, 2023 09:45AM

BerendsenRam117August 02, 2023 10:11AM

george_allen43August 03, 2023 04:18PM

McVay certainly got his point across in that presser…

Rams43132August 02, 2023 10:18AM

Classicalwit113August 02, 2023 01:28PM

delete

LMU9395August 02, 2023 02:04PM

LMU93163August 02, 2023 02:04PM

BerendsenRam60August 03, 2023 12:46PM

Old Goat89August 02, 2023 02:26PM