Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: My 3 offensive players with the most questions

July 25, 2023 05:52PM
The only one on that list I'd agree on is LT Joe Noteboom. Will his skinny, injured ankles hold up?

The next would be AJ at the same position. Blood clots? What kind, and where? An itty-bitty one that breaks loose and lands in the brain or the heart... Or what about the long, gooey stringy ones that affect young athletes after the COVID jab? And what blood thinner regimen, if any, is he on? Smack a guy hard enough (and it takes a HARD impact, say like a car wreck or a multiple pileup on the football field) to rupture a spleen, and if there are blood thinners in his system you might have a dead man on your hands before you get him carted off the field.

I've managed to live into old age without the spleen I lost at age nineteen, and I'm on blood thinners now. As such, and knowing a bit of wherefore I speak, I'm a little worried for AJ.

But I digress. Those two are tops on my list because they're one-two at left tackle - we could conceivably lose both, and we need a left tackle.

Third, I'd list Brian Allen - same thing: health, and only one deep behind him ready to step in and start. We have our backup center, or if Allen's knee doesn't respond to off-season rest and treatment, an alternate starter in Shelton, without too much fall-off even if Shelton has to slide over from RG. We have some promising players not named Bruss at right guard.

Contrary to what the author says, I think Stafford is pretty well set. Akers is written in pretty solidly at this point, and if he doesn't peform or gets hurt, there is other - maybe better - talent at the position.

Ramsude, I can see your choices of Tutu, Bruss, and Jefferson, but have to point to a full wide receiver room as being less worrisome even if we lost both Tutu and Van. Bruss to me is on prove-it watch and to my eyes, isn't starter material - yet - and we have other players who can and likely will take his place.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

3 offensive players with the most questions heading into the first day of camp

BerendsenRam160July 25, 2023 10:09AM

Re: 3 offensive players with the most questions heading into the first day of camp

Ramsdude62July 25, 2023 12:38PM

Re: My 3 offensive players with the most questions

mtramfan68July 25, 2023 05:52PM

Good points on Tutu and Van mt

Ramsdude52July 26, 2023 05:12AM

Re: Good points on Tutu and Van mt

BerendsenRam41July 26, 2023 01:30PM

Re: 3 offensive players with the most questions heading into the first day of camp

BerendsenRam46July 26, 2023 07:27AM

Re: Do you play darts??

Rams_7834July 26, 2023 09:32AM

Old Goat26July 26, 2023 10:03AM