Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Matthew Stafford: We feel confident in Van Jefferson

June 19, 2023 09:33AM
Posted by Myles Simmons on June 19, 2023, 2:07 PM EDT
link

Last week, Rams head coach Sean McVay told reporters that he’s feeling better about the team’s receiving corps after going through the offseason program.

Entering his fourth pro season, Van Jefferson should be a significant factor for a Los Angeles group undoubtedly led by Cooper Kupp.

While Jefferson was second on the team with 802 receiving yards and six touchdowns in the team’s Super Bowl winning season of 2021. But last year, injuries limited him to just 11 games. He caught 24 passes for 369 yards with three TDs.

Last week, quarterback Matthew Stafford said he’s anticipating a better season for Jefferson in 2023.

“Yeah he’s a really good player,” Stafford said in his press conference. “It was unfortunate what happened last year, just missing some time and having to battle through what he battled through. He’s a resilient kid and has done a nice job coming back, working himself into the mental position and the shape that he’s in right now.

“I think he looks great. The more reps I get with him better and I know he feels really confident going into the season. We feel confident in him.”

Stafford added that Jefferson “kind of does everything.”

“He’s got good size, got great speed down the field, catches it great, is sudden at the line of scrimmage, blocks in the run game, conscious,” Stafford said. “He just fits the room perfectly and I’m happy to have him on our team.”
It’s a key season for Jefferson, who is set to become a free agent next spring. In 44 games with 26 starts, he’s recorded 93 receptions for 1,391 yards with 10 touchdowns in his career.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude251June 19, 2023 09:33AM

Re: Matthew Stafford: We feel confident in Van Jefferson

BerendsenRam96June 19, 2023 11:16AM

kw1387June 19, 2023 04:10PM

AlbaNY_Ram78June 20, 2023 04:33AM

Dealt?

Ramsdude68June 20, 2023 01:13PM

I've liked VJ since pre-draft 2020

LMU9386June 20, 2023 03:28AM

Van is a key for us in 2023

merlin77June 20, 2023 12:57PM

"Down" to Tutu??? lol

Ramsdude61June 20, 2023 01:16PM

Re: "Down" to Tutu??? lol

merlin62June 20, 2023 09:10PM

Stepping up... it's a good question, asked myself that, but...

JamesJM56June 20, 2023 09:25PM