Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Stan Kroenke wins another trophy; here’s an idea for celebrating it

June 13, 2023 06:11AM
Here's to the best owner in the NFL!!! beer cheer smiley

Stan Kroenke wins another trophy; here’s an idea for celebrating it
Posted by Mike Florio on June 13, 2023, 9:41 AM EDT

LINK

Last night’s NBA championship win by the Denver Nuggets gave Rams owner Stan Kroenke his latest sports trophy.

A fancy, pre-made graphic posted by Adam Schefter of ESPN.com trumpeted the fourth championship from Kroenke-owned teams in the past year and a half: the NFL’s Rams, the NHL’s Avalanche, the NBA’s Nuggets, and (checks notes) the Colorado Mammoth of the National Lacrosse League. (Which doesn’t belong, and why?)

That’s great. That fine. A rule change in 2018 allowed Kroenke to resume control of the Avalanche and the Nuggets, after he had transferred ownership of the Avalanche to his wife and the Nuggets to his son in order to comply with cross-ownership rules. So he now truly and literally owns all three teams. And all three (along with the Colorado Mammoth) have won championships in recent years.

Here’s an idea for celebrating that accomplishment. Since money clearly isn’t an issue, why not install a state-of-the-art grass field at SoFi Stadium?

He’ll be installing grass there for the FIFA World Cup. Why not write the check in the afterglow of his latest big trophy to embrace grass there all the time?

Kroenke is a man who has made many investments. He knows how to protect them. Except when it comes to protecting his investment in his football players, apparently.

It makes no sense for any NFL owner. It especially makes no sense for Kroenke, one of the richest men in America, who just keeps getting richer.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Stan Kroenke wins another trophy; here’s an idea for celebrating it

Ramsdude129June 13, 2023 06:11AM

I’ve read that a grass field at SOFI is just not feasible…

Rams4371June 13, 2023 06:19AM

"....the best artificial turf that money could buy."

RAMbler66June 13, 2023 09:24AM

Article: Stan Kroenke's teams continue dominant run with 4th championship in 16 months

BerendsenRam50June 13, 2023 07:41AM