Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Joe D probably had some legit complaints

May 30, 2023 09:00AM
McVay has never really prioritized the bottom of the roster for teams like Fisher did. On the bottom of our roster you'll see upside types who don't contribute so much to teams, so I would guess if they were butting heads it had something to do with roster fills to some extent. I presume that has been an issue since Fish left, since he put so much priority on teams and let them pick their boys for the most part. Those camps he would tell the teams group jobs were open and would have them hitting and running their rear ends off to win those jobs.

Of course Fisher is not in McVay's category as a head coach. Gotta disclaimer that lest someone swoop in with that nonsense. But McVay is not perfect and is in fact learning still in spite of the fact he's one of the best at what he does.

Lastly there's a ton of risk this year with teams. So I would hope that maybe he gives his teams coach the nod on quite a few of those final roster spots. Teams has not been a consistent positive for McVay, but maybe this season enabling that will be part of the plan. And for the record I am fine with McVay's approach, just don't think he's a full teams support HC if you were to put him on a spectrum with his peers. Most important thing this year will be hitting on the kickers, so ensuring the teams group is good up the middle with the snapper and blocking will probably get a little priority. It would be nice though to see a top teams unit so maybe this new coach is ready to put on a clinic.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Former Rams special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis hired by Texas Longhorns

BerendsenRam126May 29, 2023 08:25AM

Re: Former Rams special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis hired by Texas Longhorns

SoCalRAMatic63May 29, 2023 09:36AM

DeCamillis & McVay butted Heads

den-the-coach97May 29, 2023 09:45AM

Joe D probably had some legit complaints

merlin62May 30, 2023 09:00AM

That one I doubt

JimYoungblood5362May 30, 2023 09:20AM