Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Aubrey Pleasant & Jimmy Lake

May 28, 2023 08:37AM
den-the-coach
They are Raheem Morris guys and my hope is that Morris will trust them as Lake is listed as the Assistant Head Coach, but my hope is that Lake is involved in the Secondary because that is his area of expertise. Many line up to lambaste Morris, however, he did oversee a defense that won a Super Bowl so all of us are hoping the zone coverage is a tad more aggressive.

Now everyone wants an aggressive defense until they get beat deep late like it happened to Gregg Williams & the Jets a few years ago and former Ram DC Gregg Williams. The glaring hole will be Derion Kendrick, who IMO, showed nothing last year, however, seems to be highly regarded by the last regime. Now with Pleasant, Chris Beake & Jimmy Lake the hope will be Morris will trust those guys more and become a tad more aggressive. Rams will continue to play zone, but you can't allow a 9 yard gain on 3rd & 8, the zone is designed to allow a 5 yard gain in that scenario.

I love how many have communicated that Morris might be a better Head Coach then Coordinator because they wanted him gone, but I feel good about the defensive staff with Eric Henderson (DL) Joe Coniglio & Chris Shula (LB'S) Pleasant, Beake with Lake (Secondary) along with Morris to have this young group ready and believe they will continue to grow week in & week out with hope of it coming together towards the latter part of the season.

Sure hope it works out as you see it, den. I think this young D has potential, if properly coached and deployed.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Will Raheem Morris reconfigure Rams D this year?

Rams43200May 28, 2023 08:11AM

Aubrey Pleasant & Jimmy Lake

den-the-coach147May 28, 2023 08:34AM

Re: Aubrey Pleasant & Jimmy Lake

Rams4369May 28, 2023 08:37AM

Author gives it the old college try Attachments

JimYoungblood5395May 28, 2023 11:54AM

With such a young / NEW D, I'd think LAST season's D scheme would be perfect!

Ramgator50May 28, 2023 02:44PM

No IDEA, but the DLinemen seems Tampa Like

1st Rounder70May 29, 2023 01:00PM

Your recollection is correct

JimYoungblood5350May 29, 2023 01:13PM