Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yeah this is a tough offense for wideouts

May 27, 2023 04:29PM
McVay trusts his top guys like Kupp with a lot of flexibility to run option routes and adjustments in different situations which is part of what makes him so hard to shut down. Since Woody left it feels like we've lacked guys who have the processing or mastery of the offense required to be maximized. This certainly (IMO) applied to Robinson. Atwell is now going into year 3 so if he's not there this year in camp he's probably never going to get there.

Re: Nacua I think his similarity to Kupp (large wideout, good separation, good eye for angles, great hands, smart) makes him a depth piece behind Kupp in the slot. So I don't expect him to have a big role right away. But if these other guys can't step up then opportunity should be there for him to work his way into the offense bit by bit as the season goes forward.

I figure Jefferson will have a strong season, likely his best so far. So we're probably two deep at wideout with that third guy rotating for different effect McVay is looking for depending on down/distance/call. If he wants to run out of 11 it'll be Skow who can lead block or go in the pattern. If he wants to test the edge or deep shots maybe Atwell. And so on. But ideally Atwell will earn a big role because it gives us a different look wrt speed for vertical stretching that McVay favors.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams position battle: Three-man race for WR3

BerendsenRam280May 27, 2023 08:23AM

A Combination of Atwell & Skowronek or Nacua

den-the-coach115May 27, 2023 10:00AM

Author does not define roles, either

JimYoungblood5375May 27, 2023 10:52AM

Yeah this is a tough offense for wideouts

merlin87May 27, 2023 04:29PM

Re: Yeah this is a tough offense for wideouts

Ram4life69May 27, 2023 08:20PM

Re: Yeah this is a tough offense for wideouts