Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If you look at the offseason moves

May 20, 2023 11:22AM
They speak to an internal confidence that their offense will be putting up points. Starting with the DL they let two 1T run stuffers go and drafted guys who are good penetrators on the interior. Snead alluded to that being intentional as well, that they want interior rush threat next to AD on pass downs. They loaded up multiple rush threat additions for edge in the draft. The defensive front at large is going to have a ton of new faces and most of them specialize in rushing the passer in terms of their strengths in their game.

I'm worried about the run defense. But the game has changed quite a bit and stopping the pass is how you win games in today's NFL. So could be that I'm just an old barnacle when it comes to prioritizing stuffing the run.

Thing is I think the teams that are loading up run games, like Seattle and SF in our division, will be properly zigging when the league is zagging. SF after all has been in the mix deep into the playoffs two years running on the heels of a strong defense and run game. And of course if Seattle gets their ground game going with Charbs in that backfield they're gonna be tough, though they need to get better on defense if they want to beat teams on the ground.

That's the drawback of course to the run game. You need strong defense paired with it. But either way it's going to be an instructive season in this division I think. My expectation is the run game deficiencies place us squarely at third in division but never know maybe McVay proves that line of thought wrong yet again. So I am hopeful as always.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ball Control Offense

Silverback204May 19, 2023 04:54PM

Doesn't sound like Mcvay lol

Ram_Ruler112May 19, 2023 05:04PM

Re: Doesn't sound like Mcvay lol

joram39May 20, 2023 01:55PM

If you look at the offseason moves

merlin76May 20, 2023 11:22AM

Re: Ball Control Offense

Ramsdude61May 20, 2023 11:42AM

bet the over...nm