Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Competitive and smart

May 10, 2023 01:49PM
Ram_Ruler
Not the kinda guy to leave his leadership role after a year like that. Especially when he's owed another 30 million lol

First of all, let me say I LOVE me some AD! He's the GOAT at his position and maybe the best we ever had as a Ram defensive player!

But...

As great as AD is at playing the DT position his leadership might not be his strong suit. There's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone is a great leader regardless of their talent level.

Why do I say this?

If leadership was his best quality, he wouldn't have needed Von Miller to get him to be more vocal for one thing.

IMO, a true leader would've been on the sidelines at least once last year after his injury or at the very least they would have posted some encouraging tweets on Social Media as a show of support. Leaders continue to lead even when things are going poorly.

Also, Great leaders don't lose their tempers in the middle of games or practices to the point they rip peoples helmets off, choke them or take swings at other players with their own helmets. lol They play with extreme intensity and have a huge desire to win but they do it while keeping themselves under control. They lead by example. Loss of control is not a good example.

AD's loss of control with his temper is very similar to "roid rage" and IMO it's not a good look. It's not only happened one time, it's happened multiple times which makes me wonder if this is an issue for AD. I hope he doesn't lose it in his private life too.

As for "retiring"...he had 30 million reasons to not retire and plus I think he would have had to pay some money back to the Rams too. IMO, AD is driven by money and he is not alone in that regard. I think I would be the same way! lol

Anyway, I love me some AD but he does have some "issues" too and is not above criticism. He's not perfect. Nobody is. I enjoy watching him play every week and feel we are very lucky to have him. There is no DT I would rather have on my team than AD.

I just hope he can get a grip on his "anger issues". But then again, maybe that's what makes him so good? beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Aaron Donald says that he didn’t consider retirement this offseason

BerendsenRam141May 10, 2023 01:12PM

Competitive and smart

Ram_Ruler74May 10, 2023 01:24PM

Ramsdude72May 10, 2023 01:49PM

BerendsenRam48May 10, 2023 02:31PM

Ram_Ruler117May 10, 2023 02:53PM

Yup, not bad or unique