Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Let's look at cause and effect here Den

April 07, 2023 03:35AM
merlin

Cause would be that the Rams for some inexplicable reason played a guy with zero wheels outside the hash in their scheme.

Effect would be that he of course struggled in all that space.

Fans responses are clear at that point. He's garbage. He cannot cover.

But what happens if they play him in the slot this year, where he should have been in the first place. Well, now you might have a guy who can at least execute the scheme in his position. Which is a far cry different from where he was last season.

I disagree I don't think Kendrick has the ability to play the slot either, you have to be very quick to play the slot and be able to change direction quickly, I don't see that in Kendrick.

In college Kendrick did get burned quite often, however, he played outside CB all of the time and got by on his smarts and playing the angles, however, at this level he was playing scared and gave the WR's all the room in the world in front of him, in order not to be burned I don't think you cover that up in the slot. Kendrick might be able to adjust as he needs to be able to hit the WR in the grill if you will so it redirects the route, but again not sure how Kendrick will take to that and thus is the reason he was off many draft boards because of his lack of speed and his tackling needs work too because he tends to be more of an ankle tackler then wrapping up.

Overall, hopefully, Kendrick did learn and will be able to stick with the receiver more, but he is not a slot corner, never was, he is an outside corner as he needs the sideline to aid & assist.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Will Derion Kendrick or Robert Rochell develop into Rams CB2?

BerendsenRam239April 05, 2023 08:53AM

Re: Will Derion Kendrick or Robert Rochell develop into Rams CB2?

Classicalwit91April 05, 2023 02:36PM

Kendrick Can't Cover A Bed

den-the-coach118April 05, 2023 02:39PM

He's terrible

Ram4life103April 05, 2023 02:41PM

Re: Kendrick Can't Cover A Bed

SoCalRAMatic92April 05, 2023 03:57PM

Re: Kendrick Can't Cover A Bed

BerendsenRam76April 05, 2023 06:31PM

Let's look at cause and effect here Den

merlin97April 06, 2023 08:20AM

SoCalRAMatic76April 06, 2023 07:50PM

merlin77April 07, 2023 08:21AM

Classicalwit34April 08, 2023 04:19AM

den-the-coach89April 07, 2023 03:35AM

Re: Will Derion Kendrick or Robert Rochell develop into Rams CB2?

alyoshamucci159April 05, 2023 04:10PM