Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stafford's age? Bigger concerns

April 03, 2023 12:31PM
I hope Stadffdord gets protection. That's more a concern than his age.

I think we all agree - however it's done, get the O line fixed.

From there, my hope is that Kyren Williams can step up big-time and become the #1 running back. His vision for the field and potential for breaking a long one is better than Akers, and he brings far more in pass protection than Akers.

I checked out on Akers when he checked out on the team last year, regardless that he ran better when he came back. He was still so-so in pass pro and seemed at times unwilling. He showed me that he only cares about playing when the ball is in his hands. Let him pack up his journeyman-at-best talent and bankrupt "philosophy" and go find another job. Trade him for a journeyman OG or TE - just a body that could possibly start or be good depth.

TE? Plug-and-play tight ends out of college don't happen - especially in McVay's system. Maybe we got a sleeper who can fill in this year in the Ramsey trade. Hunter Long is looking for a chance to prove himself and he's now the #2 TE in the room by default. Let's hope he picks up the offense and shows himself in practice this preseason.

Another - since I've started my wish list: I remember Stafford being big on recruiting Robinson last year - but having no real time to work with him afterward. If AR sticks around I'd look for that chemistry to develop.

I think McVay has more offensive tools than we're cognizant of following last year's catastrophe. We'll see what McVay anddthe new staff of coaches thiunk, and what they tell Snead in terms opf neds. We have a long way to go - and now that I'm over the shock of last year, hopefully optimistic.

Stafford, meantime, is in good shape to play according to McVay, has always been durable, and isn't over the hill yet.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay on Stafford: ‘First offseason in a long time’ where he’s actually feeling good…

Rams43161April 03, 2023 07:38AM

If true, this bodes very well for Rams O this year…

Rams4383April 03, 2023 07:49AM

Re: If true, this bodes very well for Rams O this year…

stlramz67April 03, 2023 10:56AM

Re: McVay on Stafford: ‘First offseason in a long time’ where he’s actually feeling good…

GroundPounder85April 03, 2023 08:12AM

Stafford's age? Bigger concerns

mtramfan67April 03, 2023 12:31PM