Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not sure the name calling was needed

March 17, 2023 11:56AM
Ramgator
Tackling was pathetic this past season.

"blind obsession aside, you make a good point.

Doom and gloom, sky is falling, blaming this coach or that GM - so not associated with winners, that is the stuff of losers.

The Rams organization is full of winners and they don't listen to fans who
choose to be a Negative Nacy."

I agree and I don't think you are "blindly obsessed", a "loser" or a "Negative Nancy" and shouldn't have been called that just for having an opinion that is disagreed with. rolled eyes smiley

I agree with you on the tackling. It's been an issue for too long now with too many players. That tells me either we are getting "soft" players who don't like to tackle or they aren't being required to play that way by the coaching staff.

We hardly ever see guys "flock" to the ball. Instead they seem to just stand there and hope someone else makes the tackle. There is no "gang tackling" at all.

IMO, our whole defense comes across as "soft" in part due to the Ultra Soft Shell Morris runs. Maybe we need some tougher players too but IMO a byproduct of a "soft" scheme is "soft play" from your players.

Unless we change that scheme and our DC's attitude, I don't see much changing in the tackling dept.

I have always been a fan of pressure style defenses and still think they can work in today's NFL. Spags is proof of that by having won multiple Rings using one.

What do we have to lose this year by "gambling" a bit more on D? It's a "rebuild" year anyway. Let's coach these kids up and test them. Let the chips fall where they may. We may just be surprised by some unexpected talent and find a diamond in the rough! beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is blowing up the Defense really THAT bad?? Ask yourself.....

Ramgator231March 17, 2023 10:06AM

Re: Is blowing up the Defense really THAT bad?? Ask yourself.....

Ramsdude107March 17, 2023 10:35AM

I'll say this......I bet no matter who is in there this year, we see better tackling.

Ramgator100March 17, 2023 10:41AM

Not sure the name calling was needed

Ramsdude80March 17, 2023 11:56AM

Re: Is blowing up the Defense really THAT bad?? Ask yourself.....

Ramstien104March 17, 2023 01:22PM

It CAN happen fast

JimYoungblood53129March 17, 2023 10:38AM

Blowing up the entire team is fine with me

NewMexicoRam72March 17, 2023 01:35PM