Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very well said roman18

March 17, 2023 05:45AM
roman18
that how the D responds is totally on the coaching staff. They no longer have the players like Miller, Ramsey, Floyd and other vets they brought in to be the "field generals". This season is all on the staff to be the best that can be and teach, monitor, lead, develop the entire D (outside of AD).

The entire defense is an unknown, some show (ed) promise in part last season, but in reality they are all unknowns.

IMO a true 'throw 'em in and see how they swim" year. And it could turn into a continuous every year looking for players or as easily become a good foundational base with not hope for improvements but actual abilities coming out at the get go.

I mentioned in another post about how our coaching staff will truly be tested now. I think we will learn a lot and I hope it's all good!

For the last 2 years Morris has had the luxury of having 3 HOF players on his unit. To make it even better, it was one at each level. That kind of thing doesn't happen very often.

I would guess it would be a LOT easier to coach and win with a 3 HOF players on your unit. Having said that, Morris still only managed a middle of the pack defense. He should be thanking those 3 guys everyday for the rest of his life! lol

He will be watched and criticized very closely this year. He will have his work cut out for him due to the unit being even less talented than ever and down to only one HOF on his unit.

Morris will have to be more creative than only running a Prevent Defense Shell ( One can only hope! ) and be on point when evaluating the young guys too.

I have my doubts Morris will be able to do very much with this team since he was the most unimaginative DC in the league and he no longer has the talent to make him look better. rolled eyes smiley

Could Morris be exposed this year as nothing more than a mediocre DC? Wait, I think that already happened! lol

I do think it's a good sign that Lake and Pleasant were brought in to help Morris. I wonder if that was Morris is idea to let the others go or was it McVay's idea?

Either way, no matter whose decision it was, I sure it helps Morris be a better DC. Maybe he won't be as afraid of the players getting beat as much and call a few more "pressure" type plays or game plans. beer cheer smiley

I will also say the same goes for McVay. He will need to be more creative with lesser talent. He will also need to put players in better positions to succeed and be a better judge of talent off the field too.

I have a little more faith in McVay than I do Morris but BOTH are open to any criticisms that come their way! thumbs up smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2023 05:46AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Where is the defense headed?

AlbaNY_Ram258March 17, 2023 05:03AM

My hope is that they revamp the secondary

Ram_Ruler85March 17, 2023 05:15AM

It looks to me.....

roman18158March 17, 2023 05:18AM

Very well said roman18

Ramsdude109March 17, 2023 05:45AM

Re: It looks to me.....

LMU93105March 17, 2023 06:02AM

I’ve been concerned and posted about our projected D for several weeks…

Rams4362March 17, 2023 07:07AM

I expect less ultra soft coverage.

IdahoRam66March 17, 2023 07:19AM

Re: Where is the defense headed?

farley72March 17, 2023 07:52AM

I hvae wondered that too farley

Ramsdude61March 17, 2023 09:33AM

Not a lot of talent, my guess is

JimYoungblood5368March 17, 2023 09:11AM

Can't wrap my head around Hoecht.

303082March 17, 2023 09:36AM

Hoecht was another example