Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Since week 5-6

January 25, 2023 06:07PM
oldschoolramfan

McVay NEEDS COACHES he can BELIEVE AND TRUST in those type of situations. McVay is a genius, and he thinks it's EASY....Other coaches don't SEE WHAT HE SEES.....McVay wants coaches that do just that...."SEE WHAT HE SEES, then take that to another level, his McVay level....That's what he WANTS and NEEDS! Coaches that challenge him, not just listen to him....But, work with him to make the BEST GAME PLAN every week.

I can't wait to see what's going to happen.....I TRUST McVAY because I bet he's been thinking it over since week 5-6 this past season....Now, he gets his chance to start fresh and FIX IT.

Trust is an amazing thing. It does not make it right. As the box that came with my Blue Light blocking glasses said. "Its not what you look at that matter's, It's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Perhaps McVay only realized he made some mistakes from Week 5-6 with his coaching staff or his offense or his teams lack of depth at critical positions. Perhaps that is when he saw his running game was not worth even trying to run but perhaps he really never did see the truth.

I say perhaps now he has had time to see and perhaps now he will take appropriate actions. What I could see he struggles to adjust and while he will claim some blame he seems to only say it because that is what he should do. There was no script for our level of misfortune but there were options to avoid the total collapse and at the very least establish an identity instead of a free fall into resignation. When he started the discussion about stepping away prematurely it seemed he only changed after seeing what it would say about him.

I hope he was not making plans that you suggest @ week 5-6. I hope it was at the end of the season. I hope that someone else in the organization was doing that sort of scouting and prep. I am hoping he is seeing things more clearly now than ever.

Los Angeles Rams

Rap on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2023 06:11PM by BumRap.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mike LaFleur continues to be name linked to Rams OC position…

Rams43233January 25, 2023 08:59AM

Re: Rams OC position… can't wait to see what McVay has up his sleeves.

oldschoolramfan94January 25, 2023 02:44PM

Re: Rams OC position… can't wait to see what McVay has up his sleeves.

Ram_Ruler80January 25, 2023 02:51PM

Re: Since week 5-6

BumRap164January 25, 2023 06:07PM

Old article on the coaching tree of Mike Shanahan -link

LSURAM93January 26, 2023 03:04AM

Re: Old article on the coaching tree of Mike Shanahan -link

21Dog91January 26, 2023 05:15AM