Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay's New Crop of Assistant Coaches

January 16, 2023 07:27AM
I've seen many posters lamenting McVay and insisting that he change his tune and go outside the box for names like Reich/Kingsbury and Staley as OC and DCs. It's my belief that the Rams 2022 assistant coaches were indeed below the "standard" but McVay has earned my trust to fix this the right way. From stlramz's post supporting McVay in the Daboll thread, look at how many coaches have thrived after working under McVay. With Seam back after his 4 days sabbatical, I'll ALL IN on giving him the benefit of the doubt, especially with a long offseason due to not making the playoffs. Last year, due to the SB, there was little time to hire new coaches. McVay even delegated hiring the new RB coach (Samples) to Thomas Brown. How'd that work out?

This year, McVay has the chance to interview the coaches he wants - I've seen him poke candidates to see if they have any new ideas that he can leverage. This is where Coen failed. I recall reading any article about McVay precisely asking what Coen would do under a new situation (I think it was Belly's 6-1 defense) and Coen having no idea what he'd do.

Lafleur, Taylor, O'Connell, Staley have all become HCs under McVay's tree. Whether he brings in Mike Lafleur or Frank Reich or Kliff Kingsbury, I have an emphatic belief that it's the right move for him, and moving forward for the Rams.

RFS69
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay's New Crop of Assistant Coaches

RamsFanSince69329January 16, 2023 07:27AM

TFT: Sean McVay is back, but what changes could be coming?

RamsFanSince69113January 16, 2023 07:48AM

Re: TFT: Sean McVay is back, but what changes could be coming?

AlbaNY_Ram158January 16, 2023 09:14AM

Re: McVay's New Crop of Assistant Coaches

kw1384January 16, 2023 08:20AM

Re: McVay's New Crop of Assistant Coaches

Classicalwit73January 16, 2023 09:51AM