Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Watkins is ELITE - Poor analysis

August 12, 2017 04:03AM
Watch him dominate Revis the best in the business. I think he had like 150 yards that game to knock the Jets out of playoffs. He shows great leadership in the video.

1) Eye ball test - NFL highlights tend to always break away and show Sammy Watkins breaking free and making big plays

2) Season before last - some say 1047 and 9td pretty good but lots of WRs get 1000 yards. Well that was in 13 games and a good chunk of those games where he was dinged up. He always played for a bad offensive team that liked to run the ball. Equate that to 16 games and that is like a 1300 yard 11 touchdown season.

3) The last game of that season he went head to head with Revis and owned him. The Bills knocked the Jets out of the playoffs that day. I watched that game and he was quite the dominant player. (Something the Rams have not had in a decade on offense)

The analysis done by many fans where they don't look into the specifics is poorly done. Watkins is elite. The only question is will he ever be healthy over the 16 games. That is obviously a big gamble, but the bigger gamble is to do nothing and hope some unknown comes out of nowhere to become that elite player that Sammy Watkins is when he is healthy.

I always think risk analysis is done wrong.

For example, in basketball, coaches sit out top players sometimes in foul trouble thinking they are playing safe. Actually, when you watch games that most of the time, sitting the players too long is the bigger risk. Most games are lost when that point spread changes too much in the 2nd and 3rd periods because that player sat to long. Typically, it disrupts the rhythm of the entire team and that player may never get into the flow.

I was in a CPR training session this week and the instructor talked about people being scared to make mistake in doing CPR or using an AED to revive somebody thinking they may not do it right. His point was the person is already non responsive and considered dead, how can doing nothing be better than doing something and maybe you don't execute it just right, but some good chest compressions are better than 0. Maybe you do 30, but half of them were not done deep enough, 15 > 0.

Sammy Watkins gives the Rams offense life where it had none since the Warner Brothers left over a decade ago. He may never be healthy and it may not work out, but I do know this, to do nothing guarantees you the team will have no life.

We have a decade of proof of lifelessness!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 04:07AM by Rams_81.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watkins is ELITE - Poor analysis

Rams_81711August 12, 2017 04:03AM

Re: Watkins is ELITE - Poor analysis

Steve317August 12, 2017 04:30AM

Yep - I just posted about that exact topic

Rams_81316August 12, 2017 04:35AM

Re: Watkins is ELITE - Poor analysis

ramBRO238August 12, 2017 04:33AM

Great post, 81.

Saguaro294August 12, 2017 05:33AM

Great post back at you