Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It all starts at the top......

October 24, 2016 12:45AM
OK, I know this isn't a revolutionary concept. It's a headline that might invoke more eye rolls than clicks. I get it. But I look around the league and see some of the other franchises. I watched Pittsburgh and New England yesterday and saw a lot of football played the way I wish it was being played in Los Angeles. There are teams around the league in which I can feel pretty comfortable assuming that the owners of these franchises love the game of football. They own football teams because they love the game of football. They rejoice with their fans when the team succeeds and they suffer when it fails. If there is a passion at the top, that passion will filter down. In fact, the owner won't hire people in key positions who don't share that passion. I'm not sure that the Rams have that passion at the top, and therefore, there is a lack of passion down the chain of command. I don't know this, of course. I have no idea what is in the mind of Stan Kroenke. I don't know what he thinks in private moments. I don't know if he agonizes behind closed doors at the state of his team. But I suspect that he does not. And watching how those in his charge go about the business of guiding a football team suggests to me that he does not. I believe that Bob Kraft loves football. I believe that the Rooney family loves football. I believe that Jerry Jones loves football. The Mara family, Arthur Blank, etc. I don't believe that the Rams have an owner who loves football. I believe that Stan Kroenke loves being an owner of, well, anything big. So I'm trying to convince myself that I should have passion for a passionless football franchise. But I sure get envious when I watch some of these other teams play football the right way.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It all starts at the top......

HighPlainsDrifter615October 24, 2016 12:45AM

And rolls down hill....nm

RFIP343October 24, 2016 12:53AM

This is funny.

GreatRamNTheSky325October 24, 2016 02:32AM

Re: I'm not following this

BlackSheep287October 24, 2016 02:47AM

Re: And I'm elated that he's NOT!!....NM

laram251October 24, 2016 11:18AM

Re: I'm not following this