Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I should clarify

December 10, 2022 04:43PM
that the book is more serious drama , but , it does have a few lighter moments

Alexandre Dumas's novel has been adapted more the 50 times to film and TV , , I've proably have seen about o dozen of them , but , but most are foreign and have never been released here in the states

but the ones I have seen , none are 100% true to the novel ,

the three that are probably the most reconized

the closest story wise , might actually be the 1948 version , with Gene Kelly , Van Heflin , Vincent Price and Angela Lansbury to name a few
even though it does follow the story somewhat ,but , it does take a much more lighter 1948 Hollywood tone , simular as Errol Flynn's Adventures of Robin Hood

my favorite version is the 1973/1974 version , with Michael York , Raquel Welch , Oliver Reed , Richard Chamberlain , Christopher Lee , Faye Dunaway , to name a few , also follows the book somewhat , but they take several liberty with many characters and story , it was directed by Richard Lester who also directed the Beatles , Hard Days Night , so that might give you a hint at the tone of the movie

the 1993 version of the film with Kiefer Sutherland , Charlie Sheen , Chris O'Donnell , Tim Curry , and Rebecca De Mornay , that film , other then the name of the film and a few of the main characters , the movie it's self has nothing to do with the novel , anyone who base their knowledge off of that The Three Musketeers film , would be 99 percent wrong

but I think most people today base their knowledge of the Three Musketeers off of those three movies , which is a little sad really , because their missing out out just what a masterpiece the novel really is

I'm hoping these new films follow the actual tone and story of the novel , it sure does look the part in the trailer

the BBC had a TV series that I enjoyed , but really had nothing to do with the Novel it's self , other then the names

there is also a movie called The Musketeers , which was a fun movie as well , one of those " reimagined telling of a classic story" kinda films , nothing really to do with the novel , lots of action , it's actually worth a watch

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Three Musketters trailer (2023)

IowaRam99December 08, 2022 01:19PM

I don't guess I've ever seen the Three Musketeers..

sstrams65December 08, 2022 02:14PM

The Novel has been adapted so many times

IowaRam77December 08, 2022 03:16PM

Awsome.. I may need to watch it..

sstrams39December 09, 2022 05:01AM

I should clarify

IowaRam52December 10, 2022 04:43PM

Re: Three Musketters trailer (2023)

canadaram67December 08, 2022 06:48PM

I remember the one that came out in the mid 70s.

Ramgator43December 09, 2022 02:05PM

I was probably about the same age

IowaRam81December 10, 2022 04:51PM