Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SST... AAAANOTHER sad / dead cat story.

November 04, 2022 09:13AM
Saturday, our neighbor's Grandson (About 6 years old) knocked on our door and asked if I could help find their cat. I looked in my backyard, including the spot where I found our Bella dead two years ago but nothing. I looked over the fence in my next door neighbor's yard and... There she was! Sitting still and looking "off". I got my neighbors and we went to where she was. I picked her up and she was growling. She never attacked but the poor thing was just not right. As I walked across the street with her she actually loosened up and seemed relaxed. They fed her and she ate well and started walking around just fine. Yesterday afternoon, they said she was missing again. I checked my yard and they walked the street. Nothing. Then this morning. I was on my walk, around 6:15 AM when I saw a tannish brown something in the street. This is around the corner and down a busier street. Probably between a quarter and half mile away. I was HOPING it was a box or shirt or some sort of garbage. It was a cat. My heart sank as I walked the 50-60 yards towards it. I was 90% sure it was the neighbors cat but her head was not pretty. I went back to my house, grabbed a garbage bag and drove around to scoop her up. Waited an hour for my neighbor to wake up and I told him I THINK I found their cat. He quickly replied "Dead?" I just subtly nodded yes. I told him. Lets be 100% sure. Come with me. I took him to my back yard where I had the back. I felt SO sick when he looked in and just nodded and his eyes welled up. I told him I would gladly bury her in their yard or even mine (It was a stray they had watched over for 12 years) He just said Thanks and took the bag. I felt TERRIBLE!! Thing is, I'm relieved the cat is out of her misery. There was something OBVIOUSLY wrong with her. But still... I really hurt for my neighbors.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

SST... AAAANOTHER sad / dead cat story.

Ramgator106November 04, 2022 09:13AM

Oh, that's terrible, man..

sstrams159November 04, 2022 10:00AM

I hate the thought of ever leaving this house.

Ramgator72November 04, 2022 10:06AM

Yeah, same here with Barney..

sstrams81November 04, 2022 11:08AM

A way that makes me see it as a positive...

Ramgator79November 04, 2022 11:24AM

Yeah.. I just hate it...

sstrams76November 04, 2022 11:30AM

Ugh! I'm in my back yard OFTEN, by our two grave markers.

Ramgator55November 04, 2022 03:23PM