Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Another movie, 'Moonfall'...

October 24, 2022 09:09AM
I thought "The Watcher" had been discussed in a thread here, but I couldn't find it. Maybe it was another message board? Anyway... it's a pretty good series, if you like creepy shows. I meant to mention that I've watched 5 of 7 episodes, so I haven't finished it... my point was it is what Hollywood always does, take a fairly interesting but rational story and embellish the crap out of it. What happened is certainly creepy, but in the "there's some sick people out there", but not "ghosts" sense.

I am the same way in the sense of not very many movies are that good anymore. It's rare that a new movie comes out that I want to go see, and we used to go to movies ALL the time. My theory is that by the time you get close to our age, you've seen just about every plot done at least once, so there aren't that many new ideas. The twenty somethings that go to movies every weekend now, will probably be at the point we're at in 40-50 years.

In fact I've said many times that EVERY basic plot you see in a sitcom now was done on I Love Lucy 50 years ago.

Aries
~Sign of the Rams
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Netflix "The Watcher" (spoilers)

Aries173October 24, 2022 07:49AM

Thought you meant the Dean Kootz book at first...

JamesJM93October 24, 2022 08:34AM

Another movie, 'Moonfall'...

JamesJM79October 24, 2022 08:49AM

Re: Another movie, 'Moonfall'...

Aries107October 24, 2022 09:09AM

This quote from you is brilliant...

JamesJM92October 24, 2022 09:20AM