Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanks, Steve... a reply and a semi-off topic topic...

September 08, 2022 10:39AM
Where do you keep that yellow barrel, it's gotta be pretty danged big, isn't it?

So my semi-off topic:

I don't collect anything, really... I have some family items of sentimental value but I don't collect autographs, stamps, etc. Reason: When my home burned down back in 1991 I lost all my collectibles and since then I just can't bring myself to collect again. BUT...

The one thing I believe I wouldn't mind doing is what you do.... movie collectibles... not autographs, really, but actual props used in movies. They fascinate me... in this way....I'll be watching an old movie and I'll think to myself, "I wonder if the lamp in this scene is still around, and if so where?". It can be ANY object in a movie scene and I'm curious about it.

Long ago the tour at Universal City Studio used to take you thru the prop warehouse.... it was enormous. Think that final scene in Indiana Jones when they store the Arc of the Covenant. So ok, not THAT big... but damn big. Traveling thru that warehouse on the tram I was spellbound thinking of how many items were in there that I had seen in movies.

It wouldn't have to be an iconic item for me, necessarily... simply any item used in a classic scene. For example... I wouldn't HAVE to have the Ruby Red Slippers from the Wizard of OZ, (although I'd like too), but I'd be just about as pleased with one of the fake plants... one brick from the yellow brick road... a munchkin hat or belt, ANYthing.

It fascinates me... where today are the pistols used in the movie Shane? The pocket watch worn my Humphrey Bogart? The hat worn by Clark Gable in Gone With The Wind? The rubber logs used in Swiss Family Robinson? Herbie? The bicycle use by Butch in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Steve... your JAWS collection...

JamesJM122September 08, 2022 09:24AM

I should wait until I get home..

sstrams70September 08, 2022 09:47AM

Thanks, Steve... a reply and a semi-off topic topic...

JamesJM52September 08, 2022 10:39AM

It is addicting, for sure...

sstrams46September 08, 2022 12:22PM

Well, my friend is in awe of you.....

JamesJM79September 08, 2022 11:08AM

Awesome.. I have more stuff..

sstrams52September 08, 2022 12:22PM

The Yellow barrel is still the coolest

IowaRam51September 08, 2022 01:26PM

I'm not sure about yellow barrels, but I do know..

sstrams49September 08, 2022 01:47PM

I added a couple of things just now.. gotta run.. nm

sstrams142September 08, 2022 09:51AM