Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Friend from High School on quite a journey....

July 18, 2022 05:03AM
Frank, my friend, is traveling the USA. Frank and I went to school together from Kindergarten thru HS... haven't seen him since our HS graduation but thru Facebook we keep in touch.

Not sure of his total mileage so far, (he posts it occasionally), but I believe it's close to 30,000 miles driven. He's taking a year to see the lower 48. Currently he's on the Oregon coast. He began his journey from his home in Georgia. He's a photographer, (semi-professional)... made his money in the tech world.

Getting up there in years one thing I don't like about it is being a tad more forgetful... I can't remember, for sure, how many states I've been too. I think maybe 45? I know 'for sure' I have not been to North Dakota, Wisconsin, Florida, Hawaii... and either NH or Vermont (went to one of them but can't remember for sure which). Connecticut is a question mark.

Used to have a burning desire to visit all 50 states... and would still like too but can't say it's a 'burning desire' anymore. More interested these days in seeing states, places, WELL rather than simply passing through. Kansas, for example. I was in St. Joseph Mo. and having never been to Kansas took the opportunity to ride across the border into Kansas... about 2 miles... just to say I'd been there. Well, that counts, technically... but can't say I know Kansas well. laughing smiley

Anyone here been to all 50 states? - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Friend from High School on quite a journey....

JamesJM166July 18, 2022 05:03AM

I'd need to pull out a map..

sstrams74July 18, 2022 05:57AM