Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Good luck

July 11, 2022 09:05AM
From where I sit, cutting the cord is not that simple.

For one, I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket which is what I'd be doing in going from cable to streaming. Right now my tv is separate from my internet. If I have an internet outage today, I still have access to Uverse tv programming. If my Uverse goes out today, i still have access to the internet. Once you cut the cord it's ALL internet so you won't have tv OR internet if internet goes out. Ugh!

For another, my Uverse package is 450 channels including HBO, HBO Max, Showtime, Cinemax, STARZ, and Regional Sports. I get one bill every month.
YouTube TV is 118 channels and costs $65/mo. In order to have what I have today with Uverse I'd have to get the following add-ons:
HBO- $14.99, HBO Max-$14.99/mo., Showtime- $11.00/mo, Cinemax- $9.99/mo, STARZ-$9.00/mo. = Total of an additional $60/mo
To top it off, I'd be losing Bally Sports Midwest altogether (Regional Sports) and that doesn't appeal to me at all.

There's a really good article in Hollywood Reporter about the future of Regional Sports programming and streaming services if you're curious. Right now it's anyone's guess how that's gonna turn out. [www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Like I said before, I just wanted to explore the streaming landscape and see what's out there and do some comparisons. I don't really like any of them more than what I have right now. I'll revisit the subject at some point in the future but for now, I'm staying put.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2022 10:04AM by MamaRAMa.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Not Ready to Cut the Cord Just Yet

MamaRAMa259July 10, 2022 02:09PM

Good luck

JamesJM81July 11, 2022 06:31AM

Re: Good luck

MamaRAMa104July 11, 2022 09:05AM

Keep it don't stress about $50

ferragamo7976July 12, 2022 05:16PM