Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not Ready to Cut the Cord Just Yet

July 10, 2022 02:09PM
But I thought I should at least look into what streaming services are available. I've had Uverse for years and I really like it. Compared to streaming services it's a bit pricey, but I have ALL the premium movie channels, regional sports (Bally Sports Midwest for Cardinals and Blues games), and about over 300 other channels. The only channels that interest me that I DON'T get is the NFL Network which AT&T dropped about 6 years ago. AT&T is not accepting new subscribers for Uverse and are steering their new cable customers to DirectTV instead so I figure the day will come eventually where the service will go away completely.
Uverse has been so reliable that I'm not ready to give it up just yet. I just want to have explored what's out there in case I'm forced to make a change sooner than later.

One of the things I found out is that DirectTV is the only streaming service that offers regional sports programming (i.e., Bally Sports which is where we watch St Louis Cardinals and St Louis Blues games. Kind of a big deal in our house! But I don't want DirecTV either). Also, you can get YouTube TV add-on packages in order to get premium movie channels and other programming. Although YouTube TV offers the NFL Network, you have to pay an extra $11 if you want the NFL Redzone. That's probably the only add-on we'd really want.

Well, we're not going to change anything right now anyway. Just checking things out in case I'm in a situation where I just HAVE to.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Not Ready to Cut the Cord Just Yet

MamaRAMa259July 10, 2022 02:09PM

Good luck

JamesJM81July 11, 2022 06:31AM

Re: Good luck

MamaRAMa105July 11, 2022 09:05AM

Keep it don't stress about $50

ferragamo7976July 12, 2022 05:16PM