Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some days only Jameson scotch will do...

June 13, 2022 02:32PM
It began with a breakdown this morning. No need to go into it... it's was an expensive breakdown. That was followed by another breakdown, then a letdown, then bad news, more bad news, and yet more bad news. Again... no need to list it all. Point is:

It's one of those days. I know bad things don't really come in groups BUT... they do. Grown wise in my old age and I know this to be true... there is nothing you can do on those days, it's going to happen, except for one thing:

Give up and accept it. And again, wisdom born of old age the only course of action on such days is to give up. THEN, I have found, a healthy shot of Scotch, or two, or three... and complete and total surrender to ill fate coming at you on such days is the ONLY course of action. It works.. well, it doesn't actually.. but it helps.

But there is an extremely important rule you must follow on such days - NEVER, NOT EVER, say to yourself, on such days, that so much has gone wrong surely nothing else will on this day... you say THAT and you're about to experience the worst day of your life. I didn't say that... and I'm not saying that in this post.... it's currently 4:30pm so I have another 7.5 hours until tomorrow... no doubt about it... more bad news is headed my way before the second hand signals June 14th.

Now.. NONE of the above was truly 'very bad news'.. IOW.. no deaths, bad accidents... so no "sorry JamesJM" necessary. I have given up trying to deal with it all... I'm drinking Scotch... I'm listening to music, I'm ignoring all phone calls and emails and texts. In other words:

I'm taking the cowards way out.... and I should feel guilty about that, but I don't. Cheers! - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some days only Jameson scotch will do...

JamesJM111June 13, 2022 02:32PM

Re: Some days only Jameson scotch will do...

IowaRam69June 13, 2022 03:45PM

Not sure what it is about Dean Martin...

JamesJM67June 13, 2022 03:47PM

You are absolutely talking me into.....

sstrams63June 14, 2022 02:43AM