Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Your wife got Scotch at Walmart?

June 09, 2022 02:29AM
Your Walmarts are much better than our Walmarts.. lol

I actually build Virtual Reality sims now, but I also do a lot of video/photo editing.. For the band, I did full length videos for every song in the first set - normally about 20 songs.. that's a lot of footage.. and, yes, absolutely, video editing can wear you out.. just sitting at a computer for long periods can wear you out, cuz it wears you out mentally, and once you're worn out mentally, EVERYTHING is worn out.. I do it 5 days a week at work and I spend a ton of time on computer during the weekends doing the same thing for myself.. of course everyone with a camera sends me their photos to edit.. I love when someone sends me EVERY photo from their event - including horrific photos they should have deleted for a multitude of reasons - but seem to think I want to prove my abilities by fixing.. some photos you just cannot fix..

So, did you have to edit all the portrait photos to landscape? That's always fun when you don't have a lot of background image to work with lol.. in the videos I made for the band almost ALL photos given to me were portrait and had to fill up the screen in landscape mode.. a lot of them I just feathered the edges of the photos with a mask and made the background black, or green screened a new background, which you can get away with in a hard rock band onstage - maybe not so much in a graduation video..

I feel for ya today.. Of course I'm already at work, myself, at 6am... sigh... I'll just give you this bit of advice, that I give to everyone: have a big bottle of Excedrin with caffeine on your computer desk.. you're definitely gonna need it..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2022 02:32AM by sstrams.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramgator, sstrams....

JamesJM127June 08, 2022 08:25PM

Your wife got Scotch at Walmart?

sstrams77June 09, 2022 02:29AM

HUGE salute to Farmers from me. I never REALLY got it till I was in the USAF.

Ramgator47June 09, 2022 09:36AM

Farmers are the shiznit...

sstrams39June 09, 2022 10:00AM

The "Fly Over" / Farming states are awesome.

Ramgator45June 09, 2022 03:08PM