Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramgator, sstrams....

June 08, 2022 08:25PM
In a thread below you guys were referring to 'getting tired these days'.

As you know I was a farmer, (still am just retired). I worked exhausting days... during harvest it was normal to put in 19 hours, (sometimes 48 hours+) in a day and that 7 days a week for a couple of months. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, was "on the go"... no time to stop and eat.

Today... I began a video slideshow for my granddaughter's HS graduation... well, her and two lifelong friends she's graduating with. Photos mostly, couple of videos... but 'in order' from Kindergarten thru HS with almost NONE of the photo's time-stamped and nearly all portrait, not landscape, (Steve will understand).

My Point: I don't recall ever being as 'worn out' after a 19 hour day of repairing-driving-tromping during Cotton Harvest as I am right now after about 10 hours of video editing. And I don't KNOW - - - -

Am I just that old or is video editing actually that exhausting? laughing smiley And I think, not sure, this is kind of what you do for a living, Steve?

Of course, I had problems. Computer conked out on me a few times and a couple of those times it 'appeared' catastrophic... like I lost all my work... some disk repair fixed things but still... the mental anguish just about did me in.

Now worse news: The photos and videos are in place... but sadly that's only the start. At dawn I have to be up to continue... titles, effects, transitions, syncing the music.

Lastly good news... my wife surprised the hell out of me. During a trip to Walmart she came home with bread, milk, various food items... but also... a bottle of scotch!!!!! After today I'm thinking... up at dawn to finish the project and I'm SURE.... it's 5 O'Clock somewhere? laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramgator, sstrams....

JamesJM126June 08, 2022 08:25PM

Your wife got Scotch at Walmart?

sstrams77June 09, 2022 02:29AM

HUGE salute to Farmers from me. I never REALLY got it till I was in the USAF.

Ramgator46June 09, 2022 09:36AM

Farmers are the shiznit...

sstrams38June 09, 2022 10:00AM

The "Fly Over" / Farming states are awesome.

Ramgator45June 09, 2022 03:08PM