Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It sure can...

April 23, 2022 09:40AM
But diving, in genera l, can kill you if you get irresponsible.. its a case of: take a risk and get the hole fixed, which lessens the risk of a major dive accident, or continue doing what I've done since 1990..

Risk in getting the hole fixed are similar to getting stents.. they go through a vein or artery in the groin and clamp a metal thingamajig over the hole that stays there forever.. There is risk of blowing out an artery and losing a leg, or arm if they go through the arm.. a friend of mine's wife just died getting a stent when they had to decide between her losing her leg.. they decided to try and save her leg and she died because they knocked a piece of plaque loose during the procedure and couldn't save her.. So, accidents DO happen with those procedures..

I'm kind of an anomaly when it comes to diving: I'm exceptionally safe in my procedures, but I WILL push the boundaries of stupidity when it comes to getting cool video.. but, I only do that because I am confident in my ability to get out of trouble alone at depth.. but, it only takes one mistake, so I'll probably make that decision to push it when I'm down and in that position..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Regarding my PFO (heart hole)...

sstrams112April 23, 2022 08:07AM

BE CAREFUL!

Ramgator52April 23, 2022 09:25AM

It sure can...

sstrams58April 23, 2022 09:40AM