Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It DID do away with it for a while..

April 22, 2022 04:52AM
but remnants of the general admission way of seating have been being used for 20-25 years.. Any of the 90's bands that fans moshed in the mosh pit at were general admission with no seats on the floor - just a big rock 'em sock 'em mess with bloody people streaming out at the end to get their injuries tended to at the ER..

First show I went to with that type seating (no chairs, so nobody sat) was White Zombie sometime in the early/mid 90's.. once the lights went down, just TOTAL chaos.. I was standing next a couple - really petite cute girl with her dude.. once he madness started, we started backing up on the floor to try and stay out of the violence.. I told the guy, who was obvious worried about his girlfriend, that I would stand behind them and try to deflect people from that direction.. we ended up not too far from the soundboard area and just watched the people up front beat themselves half to death.. It always amazed me that those type shows were allowed..

The next year I took my wife, who i had only been dating for a few months, to another White Zombie show.. we were in Dallas and they just happened to be playing.. she ha a little summer dress on and said she wanted to go to the front of the stage, since it was general admission.. I took her to the balcony, instead, and just told her to give it 2 songs - if she still wanted to go up front, we'd find a way.. lights went out, total pandemonium on the floor, people beating each other to a pulp.. she said she'd prefer to stay in the balcony.. afterward, we were talking and made the comment that when the lights went out, it was like two different factions of army ants going to war, on the floor.. it was pure crazy - people beating each other up to a pulp, not even paying attention to the band, who was putting on an a amazing show.. I never understood that whole movement.. I still don't..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

General Admission Concerts... Did The Who stampede in Cincy end that or...

Ramgator147April 22, 2022 03:41AM

It DID do away with it for a while..

sstrams77April 22, 2022 04:52AM

Re: General Admission Concerts... Did The Who stampede in Cincy end that or...

SeattleRam85April 22, 2022 03:55PM

We were first in line at a Queen show..

sstrams95April 23, 2022 05:11AM

SAME issue with my Brother at KISS in 1976.

Ramgator94May 03, 2022 03:40PM