April 17, 2022 09:51AM
My wife's family, some of them anyway. Attended a celebration for life for my wife's brother yesterday up in Orland, Calif. They, my wife's family that is, are... .hmmmm, characters. laughing smiley

Jeff Foxworthy defines a "redneck" as: "A glorious absence of sophistication" - - ok, I'll go with that. laughing smiley

First of all, I'm still high. The cloud of marijuana smoke in the winery, (where the event was held), leaked out over the road causing impaired visibility for passing motorists. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but not by much. I woke up the morning of the event and went to my motel window and looked down into the parking lot below... there stood nephew David, cousin's Suzanne and Tracy and a bunch more whose names escape me right now... several others.... all holding Bud Lights and smoking joints. This was at 8am. Oh yes, it was going to be a good day. laughing smiley

Gotta mention a comment made by nephew David - I was standing outside the winery speaking with him, or rather listening to him, and he was obviously under the influence. After a few moments he turned to me and said, "I'm going to go over there for a moment and catch a buzz, wanna come?". Well, I declined, but I was also confused. The man was lit.... and he was going to get higher? Not possible, I thought to myself.... I was wrong. For when he returned I discovered there was a whole other level you can get too if you are focused and determined.

There were joints, vape pens, bongs, some devices that I can't even describe.

Now before you ask.. no, I didn't partake... I did have some of the wine they produce, however. It was quite good. Called "Raging Bull Winery".

So, my in-laws... wouldn't wanna be around them for more than a few hours... but they are pretty good folk. Definitely funny. I don't speak "high" very well these days... BUT... even though I couldn't really follow their conversations I really did enjoy their presentation... which was quite animated. So animated, in fact, that I had to catch a couple of them who in the throws of exuberant yarn spinning lost their balance and came perilously close to eating gravel in the driveway.

Ah family gatherings... they're the best. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

In Laws.... wow....

JamesJM283April 17, 2022 09:51AM

Well I have NEVER!!!!!!!!!

Ramgator110April 17, 2022 10:32AM

Its always the wife's side of family

waterfield116April 17, 2022 06:05PM

ugh....pot will destroy this country

ferragamo79121April 17, 2022 06:10PM

Re: ugh....pot will destroy this country

waterfield132April 17, 2022 09:23PM

Pot vs Alcohol.

Ramgator100April 25, 2022 04:43PM

And OHH!!!!! A HUGE danger with Pot. Saw it as a Firefighter.

Ramgator131April 25, 2022 04:47PM