Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I could definitely contribute to it.....

March 15, 2022 05:53AM
Nobody wanted to make it more than I did.. But, I didn't stand a chance being from a small town surrounded by small town musicians with no real drive or ability to see past playing the local dives... Yeah, I should have moved - and did in '85 - but just never got with the "right" people.. there's so much that has to go right and happen for someone to make it in music..

Nowadays I don't even know if "making it" in music actually exists.. I don't think there are bona-fide "stars" anymore.. just yahoos throwing together loops and samples of other people's work and the fickle public treating them like they're the next Beatles, until the next loop warrior comes along 2 days later..

Having known the guys in Sweet Savage for years, and having seen them many times and the complete mass hysteria they created at every show, it was frustrating seeing them NOT make it, when they were so far ahead of everyone else in the scene.. in other words, if those guys couldn't make it, who could?

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rest in Peace, Joey C Jones.. Attachments

sstrams171March 15, 2022 03:04AM

I think there could be an interesting book.....

roman18127March 15, 2022 05:40AM

I could definitely contribute to it.....

sstrams108March 15, 2022 05:53AM

Give it a shot.......

roman1876March 15, 2022 07:12AM

I did start writing a book..

sstrams74March 15, 2022 07:23AM